1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the Sirius GM SIRIUS Connect SIRGM1 (SIRGM1) = $79.99 I installed in my 2004 which had the connector in the truck and or behind the center storage but never had XM installed. If the connecter is there it works great. And its new

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Sully,

I'm in the same situation as you. As a matter of fact I've got a used XM tuner sitting in a box in the trunk of my XLR but I haven't installed it yet. I've done a bit of research and it appears as if these delphi tuners are supposedly locked to the BCM of the car they came from by VIN number. Appearently what will happen is if you install the tuner, it will work for about 5 minutes, then you'll get an XM theftlocked message on the display and you won't be able to use XM functionality....

I haven't had a chance to try out the tuner I got off ebay yet, but I'm going to try to give it a shot this week...

-Eric

·
Registered
92 Posts
They're for sure locked. A friend of mine did it in his truck. In fact he just got ahold of the person that can unlock them, I'll have to ask him about the unlocking. I know I said I would do that before for you Eric.

Oh, and to add that particular tuner, you will need a newer antenna than the one on the older XLRs. You can either replace your drivers side mirror with a new one that contains the XM antenna on the 06+, get the newer style GM one that would be on a car with XM and without OnStar (like a Solstice for example). Or just use an aftermarket one-wire antenna. You could use the combo antenna that works with onstar as well, but you'd have a cellular antenna and a GPS antenna just doing nothing.

The deck lid mounted antenna on the XLR is the older two-wire setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I have a 2004 xlr and was told i would have to install xm receiver and antenna in the car. that was 2 years ago and didn't want to have an external situation. Recently purchase a 15.00 dollar hands free bluetooth device which plugs into the lighter. so easy and now i have xm radio from my phone with no wires plus it works the phone too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts