Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a little more than two years with an XLR in our garage and available at a moment’s notice for whatever fun we would like to have with it, there’s this big empty void. No XLR! Our ’05 was collected Wednesday and arrived this morning at Foley Cadillac in Chicago. Supposedly, our new “V” is enroute to us in a covered transporter and might be delivered to our house tomorrow evening, though we’ve heard there have been some challenges along the way which might cause a delay. Hmmm. This doesn’t feel good. One definitely needs an XLR of some variety in their garage!

Breathlessly awaiting,
Ed and Sandra
:lol :lol

· Registered
235 Posts
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I remember when I was waiting and waiting for the first XLR to show up in New Mexico in 12/03. As soon as it came, my wife claimed it and I had to wait for another one. I am sure the anticipation will be worth the wait when the new V actually arives. Jim

· Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it's being delivered directly to the house. Spoke to the transport driver via cell phone just a moment ago - he's feeling rather frustrated. He's sitting in Nashville waiting for a customer to arrive by plane to collect a new Aston Martin he's carrying in addition to our V. He indicated that customer is overdue a couple of hours, but he still plans to be at our place this evening.

Best regards,
Ed and Sandra

· Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
This is just a quickie announcement, especially for those sending inquiries via PMs and emails. We have the V and it is MAGNIFICENT !

We've spent the past couple of hours carefully hand cleaning the underside, wheel wells and inside the rims. Obviously, the car sometime in its short 98 mile life had been driven on a messy wet surface. But, it's all beautiful now.

Along with some additional information, we'll try to post a few pictures tomorrow, if Road Runner which hosts our websites cooperates. They've been having problems for a solid week now which have prevented us being able to do any updates.

Best regards,
Ed and Sandra

· Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The V finally arrived in our hometown around 2 pm on Sunday. During the time it was in transit from Chicago we had several cell phone conversations with the driver, Todd, and developed quite a rapport. As we noted earlier he was supposed to do a delivery early Saturday morning in Nashville before heading to our place. His customer that was supposed to collect a new Aston Martin he was carrying came “sauntering by” over 8 hours late for the appointment and apparently quite oblivious of the problems he was causing. Contrary to what we noted earlier, this person is a linebacker with a pro football team (we recognized the name and team, but not being sports fans both are now out of heads). Todd was subsequently still trying to reach us for a late Saturday delivery when it finally dawned on us that he wouldn’t arrive until about 1 am Sunday. So, we asked him to get off the road and get some sleep, and rescheduled for Sunday afternoon. He was greatly appreciative!

Sunday morning we decided to make his life a lot easier by directing him to a shopping mall parking area that was directly on his route and which would provide him very easy access to I85 when he left us to go to his next stop. Mind you, after seeing the size of his rig we seriously doubt he would have been able, without a huge amount of difficulty, to negotiate the streets in our development all of which end in cul de sacs and none of which is interconnected. The neighbors just had to be disappointed with missing the show.

We are delighted at having the new V – well worth the wait – it is a beautiful piece of machinery.

Below are a few photos we wanted to share.

No longer XLRless in NC,
Ed and Sandra

Doing a little cleaning to make it perfect

In the driveway at our place - ready to go

G

·
used V

Ken, I always did like that cherry type red, it's a good looking used V.
To bad it was driven in the rain and got dirty underneath.
Bob

· Registered
316 Posts
One of the East Coast-West Coast differences I've noticed. Cars always look clean in CA, NM, AZ, NV, etc. (dust yes; mud no). One the Eastern U.S. issues is, we get MUD.............lots of mud. In the Southeast, it's red clay; will stain steel. Cars get dirty just going around the block.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.