Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know the latest on when the Factory will start accepting orders on the XLR - V, and release the exact vehicle specs including list pricing??? #2 When XLR- Vs will start to be delivered??? #3 How many will be produced in each color??? Thanks in advance, Tim.
 
G

·
Tim, where have you been?

First Q. All the V's have been spoken for by dealers and they been alloted V's based on their sales of XLR's. My dealer will get three, first one to be delivered in January and the nest one is mine in March.
Second Q. I don't have the full specs other than 443HP, but the specs are available. The MSRP is $100,000 if you can make that deal, which I have.
Third Q. 450 built, but heard they may up it. Colors are orderd from dealer based on the customers choice. I understand that all have been ordered.
Hope this will help
Bob
tim harris said:
Does any one know the latest on when the Factory will start accepting orders on the XLR - V, and release the exact vehicle specs including list pricing??? #2 When XLR- Vs will start to be delivered??? #3 How many will be produced in each color??? Thanks in advance, Tim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Specs

For the exact specs from powertrain to rotors, simply go to:
www.CadillacXLR-V.com then click on the specifications button on the left menu.

The total production of the V has been raised from the original of 450 units.

Thank You
Allen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I got mine

tim harris said:
Does any one know the latest on when the Factory will start accepting orders on the XLR - V, and release the exact vehicle specs including list pricing??? #2 When XLR- Vs will start to be delivered??? #3 How many will be produced in each color??? Thanks in advance, Tim.
I have not been on the board for a while. Nice to be back. My dealer did give me a copy of the officeal ordering process because I have the first one on order. I live in Cincinnati, and my V is scheduled to be built in January. Dealer tells me that I should actually see it in early march which is fine with me because you can't really enjoy it around here till May anyway.
 
G

·
Gee! March is the month my baby V will be delivered too. Platinum on Shale. Let's see who gets there V first and then the bragging begins.
rick1827 said:
I have not been on the board for a while. Nice to be back. My dealer did give me a copy of the officeal ordering process because I have the first one on order. I live in Cincinnati, and my V is scheduled to be built in January. Dealer tells me that I should actually see it in early march which is fine with me because you can't really enjoy it around here till May anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
XLR-V Production

Besides keeping the V very limited, the complete engine is hand assembled. Due to an enhanced engine assembly process the total amount of XLR-Vs will be raised to 850 for the 2006 model year. That is a 400 unit increase.

Production is slated to start the 2nd week of January, if there is no delay in start up.

www.CadillacXLR-V.com

Thank you
Allen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
standby said:
Gee! March is the month my baby V will be delivered too. Platinum on Shale. Let's see who gets there V first and then the bragging begins.
Stand by, you brag? You don't seem the type.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Mr XLR said:
Besides keeping the V very limited, the complete engine is hand assembled. Due to an enhanced engine assembly process the total amount of XLR-Vs will be raised to 850 for the 2006 model year. That is a 400 unit increase.

Production is slated to start the 2nd week of January, if there is no delay in start up.

www.CadillacXLR-V.com

Thank you
Allen
Imagine that. They offer a 100K version and demand is double what they originally expected! Maybe this isn't your Dad's Alante after all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Hi Tim, Car and Driver (Got it today, 10 Dec) said production has moved deliveries back to Feb or March. Car is 100K without premium and they announced that 800 will be built.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
xlr said:
Any possibility this will be 2007 and not 2006 as its getting really late in model year by Feb/March?
I just got done talking to my dealer. He has assured me that production is on schedule. I buy 20 to 30 cars (vans) a year from his dealer group for my business. I don't think he is going to lie to me and risk that business over 1 car.

On top of that, one of GM's board members is getting his V delivered from the same dealer group and has been keeping us posted on the progress. So, I am pretty sure it will happen. Besides, the car is not all that much different (besides the engine) from a base XLR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
upstate said:
Stand by, you brag? You don't seem the type.
You will most likely win because I am in no rush to take delivery. You really can't enjoy the car here that time of year. So, I will most likely let it sit on the dealers showroom floor till the weather turns nicer. Mine is black on Black.

Also, I have already turned my 04 XLR into the dealer. He has it sitting on the showroom floor with a big red bow on it. It only has 4K miles on it. The car is black on black with XM and 19" Foose speedster wheels. If you know anyone who wants a great deal on it, let me know. The dealer is selling it for me and if it does not sell by the time the V arrives I am trading it in. You can get a real nice deal on it now before that happens.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top