Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello XLR family! I have a 2007 XLR V and I’m only the second owner and it only has 50k miles. My power steering pump just went on it, and I’m finding that parts are very very scarce for the V series. I finally found a used pump and they want $800 for it. Has anyone else had part issues and do you think it’s worth keeping the car if parts are tough to come by? I love my car, but don’t want a paper weight.
Thanks for any information or parts dealers you may have used!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i sent you a PM. I have a friend that has a V and his pump and rack are needing replaced according to the dealer at only 20,000 miles .I really think there is something else going on..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i sent you a PM. I have a friend that has a V and his pump and rack are needing replaced according to the dealer at only 20,000 miles .I really think there is something else going on..
Yeah, 20,000 miles, really! And now everything is discontinued, wth do we do? SMH

·
Registered
39 Posts
did you check your private messages? I sent you information. I have new ones much cheaper than that used one

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a couple of new pumps for 1/2 what you found a used one for. Plus if you are buying it from a dealer in NC it most likely will be worn out as he does not stand behind his parts .I have 2 people who have contacted me wanting the pumps. I will wait the rest of the day as I made you an offer by PM but after that They will be gone .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a couple of new pumps for 1/2 what you found a used one for. Plus if you are buying it from a dealer in NC it most likely will be worn out as he does not stand behind his parts .I have 2 people who have contacted me wanting the pumps. I will wait the rest of the day as I made you an offer by PM but after that They will be gone .
Hey there, sorry I’m new on here. Where is the PM feature? Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its a private message system that should send a notice to your email account. BY the way on another site people have been looking for pumps for 2-3 months. Summit racing shows them and will let you order one .Some people have had them ordered for 3-4 months >I ordered a couple 6 weeks ago and even though A/C Delco says they are discontinued Summit continues to take your money and gives a shipping day a month from now . I highly doubt they will get them but if they do we will have some extra ones. You can call me at 865-724-6295

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello XLR family! I have a 2007 XLR V and I’m only the second owner and it only has 50k miles. My power steering pump just went on it, and I’m finding that parts are very very scarce for the V series. I finally found a used pump and they want $800 for it. Has anyone else had part issues and do you think it’s worth keeping the car if parts are tough to come by? I love my car, but don’t want a paper weight.
I

·
Registered
5 Posts
I havea 2oo6 xlr v only $75,ooo .
34 to buy 4 years ago. Rebuilt engine at 1o3ooo miles. Still fixing 1 month ago supercharger out $15oo + 5oo for Mech.
Is it sold yet oh yea now my car broken again. You better think hard.
I love it otherwise. When running its great.
I drive alot bought with 62,ooo now 148,ooo.
Good luck. Go on google enter xlr v stainless enginebay. Thats me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I havea 2oo6 xlr v only $75,ooo .
34 to buy 4 years ago. Rebuilt engine at 1o3ooo miles. Still fixing 1 month ago supercharger out $15oo + 5oo for Mech.
Is it sold yet oh yea now my car broken again. You better think hard.
I love it otherwise. When running its great.
I drive alot bought with 62,ooo now 148,ooo.
Good luck. Go on google enter xlr v stainless enginebay. Thats me
Yeah, this was my first issue and hopefully the last for a while.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts