Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac XLR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably asked before but, I have a newly acquired 2006 XLR base model and I'd like to change out the grille to the V model style. Can I do that easily? Is it a direct fit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably asked before but, I have a newly acquired 2006 XLR base model and I'd like to change out the grille to the V model style. Can I do that easily? Is it a direct fit?
I am relatively sure the V grill will not fit. I think you would have to do some grinding on locating bumps and drilling. Don't think it's worth getting into.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an 05 XLR and did in fact replace the stock grill with a "V" mesh grill. It took a little time to accomplish but it was not difficult. I am not even close to being a mechanic so I'm of the opinion that most anyone can do it. I purchased the grill online probably 12 yeas or more ago. Sorry don't have a record of exactly where but I assure you, it was not a dealer. Suggest you keep searching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts