Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I am also looking for it!...I heard some cadillac dealerships already have the V parts catalog for the XLR available

Strut waer has it but its like 5000.00 thats a little steep for a grill!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xlr23 said:
I am also looking for it!...I heard some cadillac dealerships already have the V parts catalog for the XLR available

Strut waer has it but its like 5000.00 thats a little steep for a grill!
Hi xlr23,
I don`t like the Strut grill even if it was a lot cheaper. I´ve seen the original XLR V grill at the IAA in Frankfurt and it makes the car really look great. It`s a little bigger in height than our stock grill so I don`t know if it fits.
Our grill sits about 1 1/2 inch higher on the bumper, the V grill closes up with the bumper.
Mayby E & G will have soon one, the ones they have for the STS and CTS looks good.
(I know there`s a couple of mistakes in my writing but I´m a german)
Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I agree about the strut but Its still better than stock I think...

We really need to find someone that carries V parts and get the new Hood and grills
 
G

·
Hi Hans,

Why don't you buy one from Cadillac. I'm sure it will fit upper and lower grille slots on our 04's.R & D for any company would make the grille very expensive, while Caddilac has already done it.
Bob
harrysxlr said:
Hi,
does anyone know if there`s an aftermarked XLR V grill available?
I know there are for the CTS, STS, SRX but I did not see one like from E&G for the XLR`s.

Hans
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
I am not sure its what you guys are looking for but Allen "Mr XLR" has a chrome one on his web site. It looks a lot better then the stock one.
I hope Allen comes up with a one peice exhaust tip to go with it.... :thumbs :thumbs

Motorboat :jester
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
motorboat said:
I am not sure its what you guys are looking for but Allen "Mr XLR" has a chrome one on his web site. It looks a lot better then the stock one.
I hope Allen comes up with a one peice exhaust tip to go with it.... :thumbs :thumbs

Motorboat :jester
Hi Motorboat,
we are looking for the double mesh grill as the one is on the new XLR V. The star-black edition got the chrome grill on-not much difference to the stock one.
Hope my Corsa arrives this week here in Germany, that is what the XLR needs instead of tips.
Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
standby said:
Hi Hans,

Why don't you buy one from Cadillac. I'm sure it will fit upper and lower grille slots on our 04's.R & D for any company would make the grille very expensive, while Caddilac has already done it.
Bob
Hi my friend,
tell me what should I do, buy a grill or the whole car with the grill?????????

Hey Bob, in the next days the new Road & Track will be out (november issue) and I think they have the preview or first road test of the V in there. Maybe there is something in the Car & Driver too, let me know when you find out.

Have a nice week

Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
G

·
Hans,

I'm convinced that the raised hood is the reason the grille is bigger in the top section. You would have to buy the hood and grilles for the XLR-V to get that look or sell some more clothes and buy the XLR-V. Personally I think you would look pretty good in that new V.
Let's get serious for a minutes. You know you won't be able to resist the new V.
Bob
harrysxlr said:
Hi my friend,
tell me what should I do, buy a grill or the whole car with the grill?????????

Hey Bob, in the next days the new Road & Track will be out (november issue) and I think they have the preview or first road test of the V in there. Maybe there is something in the Car & Driver too, let me know when you find out.

Have a nice week

Hans
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
standby said:
Hans,

I'm convinced that the raised hood is the reason the grille is bigger in the top section. You would have to buy the hood and grilles for the XLR-V to get that look or sell some more clothes and buy the XLR-V. Personally I think you would look pretty good in that new V.
Let's get serious for a minutes. You know you won't be able to resist the new V.
Bob
Hi Bob,
no, it`s not the raised hood. Take a look at the front of your dream machine than you`ll see there is between the bumber and the grill a about 1 1/2 inch stripe in body color but the V grill is siting right on the bumber, so that means the grill is about 1 1/2 inch taller than stock + there is the chrome stripe on the front end of the hood.
I would keep my XLR if the top-end is realy limited at 155(or 250 kph) because mine is a lot faster. Bob, we might can check this out on a Infra-Red-V.
If it`s faster it`s :party time. :lol

Hans :flag :flag :flag



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
G

·
Hans,

Remember in Germany, the o4 has no governor on it like we do in the states, (aat least that's what I've been told by others.) I had my big chance to find out in New Mexico and let up at 146. Sure wish I had taken it up. So I would think that if you bought a new v in Germany, it would have no governor. There should be some way for you to find out from all your connections in Germany.
I see what your talking about with the grille. Maybe the grille goes over that piece and is attached to that strip...............Ya think?
harrysxlr said:
Hi Bob,
no, it`s not the raised hood. Take a look at the front of your dream machine than you`ll see there is between the bumber and the grill a about 1 1/2 inch stripe in body color but the V grill is siting right on the bumber, so that means the grill is about 1 1/2 inch taller than stock + there is the chrome stripe on the front end of the hood.
I would keep my XLR if the top-end is realy limited at 155(or 250 kph) because mine is a lot faster. Bob, we might can check this out on a Infra-Red-V.
If it`s faster it`s :party time. :lol

Hans :flag :flag :flag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
standby said:
Hans,

Remember in Germany, the o4 has no governor on it like we do in the states, (aat least that's what I've been told by others.) I had my big chance to find out in New Mexico and let up at 146. Sure wish I had taken it up. So I would think that if you bought a new v in Germany, it would have no governor. There should be some way for you to find out from all your connections in Germany.
I see what your talking about with the grille. Maybe the grille goes over that piece and is attached to that strip...............Ya think?
Bob,
on IAA-Frankfurt I´ve got the information that the V might be limted to 155 mph (250 kph) and I had to laugh about this and told them I had mine to 278 and NO Limiter is in the regular european XLR. He told me he knows and the only thing we can do right now here, is to wait till the first V´s arrive here. That means spring -to summer 06.
The platinum V they had there had the same speedo as mine, it shows up to 260 kph (161 mph) or the same as you got in with 160 mph.
Hey Bob, I wished you had a couple seconds longer your right foot on the gas pedal when you was doing 146 to see if you get it to 155 or 165 or as I had mine to 172 mph.

I hope the bring out the price very soon because it will hit roads in about 2 months. ;)

Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
G

·
I'm going to a special evening auto show tongiht for VIP's, which I'm not, and maybe I can get a handle on the price. Let you know later.

Bob

harrysxlr said:
Bob,
on IAA-Frankfurt I´ve got the information that the V might be limted to 155 mph (250 kph) and I had to laugh about this and told them I had mine to 278 and NO Limiter is in the regular european XLR. He told me he knows and the only thing we can do right now here, is to wait till the first V´s arrive here. That means spring -to summer 06.
The platinum V they had there had the same speedo as mine, it shows up to 260 kph (161 mph) or the same as you got in with 160 mph.
Hey Bob, I wished you had a couple seconds longer your right foot on the gas pedal when you was doing 146 to see if you get it to 155 or 165 or as I had mine to 172 mph.

I hope the bring out the price very soon because it will hit roads in about 2 months. ;)

Hans
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top