Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m very new to xlr’s and I’m still learning, just got an ‘06, the tail lights were having issues with the previous owner, and I don’t know what he did to modify them so they’d work, but they both work perfectly as they should now. Unfortunately though when you put on the right turn signal, it hyper flashes, but not the left. It’s so annoying that I don’t even use the right turn signal anymore. If any of you have a solution to this (hopefully without taking the light apart again) I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
check to see what bulb it has in the front. It might have an led bulb in the driving light.(upper lens) The taillight problem is usually leds that burn out or the circuit board and if it goes out it usually causes the side bulbs to not work. If he has modified the light no telling what problem you might run into as these lights usually require a proper replacement of all the led bulbs when one bulb goes out .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all, I’m very new to xlr’s and I’m still learning, just got an ‘06, the tail lights were having issues with the previous owner, and I don’t know what he did to modify them so they’d work, but they both work perfectly as they should now. Unfortunately though when you put on the right turn signal, it hyper flashes, but not the left. It’s so annoying that I don’t even use the right turn signal anymore. If any of you have a solution to this (hopefully without taking the light apart again) I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
You might have a LED bulb. They usually need a load resistor to stop the “hyper “ flashing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check to see what bulb it has in the front. It might have an led bulb in the driving light.(upper lens) The taillight problem is usually leds that burn out or the circuit board and if it goes out it usually causes the side bulbs to not work. If he has modified the light no telling what problem you might run into as these lights usually require a proper replacement of all the led bulbs when one bulb goes out .
I checked, the front bulbs are both the exact same regular halogen bulbs. Unfortunately, the tail lights are tinted so it’s difficult to tell but it doesn’t appear that the side marker lights of either tail light are working, yet it’s only the right side hyper flashing. I’m stumped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked, the front bulbs are both the exact same regular halogen bulbs. Unfortunately, the tail lights are tinted so it’s difficult to tell but it doesn’t appear that the side marker lights of either tail light are working, yet it’s only the right side hyper flashing. I’m stumped.

·
Registered
2006 XLR
1 Posts
usually a fast blinking light means one of the bulbs are burnt , that are normally part of the right turn signal . Had this happen a couple of years ago on a 2006.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts