Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac XLR
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.

My dealership advises me that I need a position sensor to replace the one that is attached in the decklid area of my 2006 XLR (rear tonneau sensor?) They have reset the top twice now due to top not secure messages and they (Crestview Cadillac in West Covina, CA with a deeply knowledgeable mechanic) have determined this sensor is the issue. I am now reluctant to lower the top. I know they are not being made any more, but can I get a good used working one? or rebuilt? The mechanic kindly showed me where and how to install it.

Would appreciate your input.

Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi.

My dealership advises me that I need a position sensor to replace the one that is attached in the decklid area of my 2006 XLR (rear tonneau sensor?) They have reset the top twice now due to top not secure messages and they (Crestview Cadillac in West Covina, CA with a deeply knowledgeable mechanic) have determined this sensor is the issue. I am now reluctant to lower the top. I know they are not being made any more, but can I get a good used working one? or rebuilt? The mechanic kindly showed me where and how to install it.

Would appreciate your input.

Thanks
GO ON THE INTERNET AND LOOK UP THE YOUTUBE ABOUT THE COMPANY IN I THINK OREGON THAT MAKES THE REPLACEMENT CYLINDERS. I THINK I SAW THAT THEY REMAKE THE SENSORS ALSO. CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED MORE HELP, BUT YOU ARE LUCKY YOU ARE AT CRESTVIEW WHO IS THE ONLY GOOD XLR MECHANIC AROUND. [email protected]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Top hydraulics does not make sensors or sell used ones. If you are getting top not secute message it is the switch in the cente off the roof. There are two of them. Buying one used will require buying the whole latch assy as they are very difficult to remove . you can replace the top postion sensors but will have to have the dealer set them with a tech 2. I have all the parts for the top but you will need to know which one you need for sure. Contact me at [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts