Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a post on corvetteforum.com:

It will be powered by a next-generation Northstar engine, a 4.6-liter, 32-valve V-8 developing 315 horsepower and 310 foot-pounds of torque (current Northstar V-8s develop 275 to 300 h.p. and 295 to 300 foot-pounds of torque) and claiming a zero- to 60-mph acceleration of less than 6 seconds.

The V-8 will be offered with a 5-speed automatic transmission and a clutchless manual.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nomad said:
But part of the fun of having a manual trans. IS the clutch. :lol
That's true. We have a tiptronic type of auto in my wife's car. It's just not as much fun as a manual with a clutch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They are supposed to pu that in the new 2005+ Vette too to go along with its new five or six speed automatic. Atleast they wont do that to the manual transmission, if they did it would not be fun at all to drive:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tiptronic and all the like is just like shifting your automatic into the next gear. It's not big deal. Personally, I like automatics. I just don't care about shifting. But, those who like manuals wouldn't want to bother with tiptronic. It's really nothing special..

·
Registered
10 Posts
That would be sweet.The whole racing style paddle shifting tranny would be super cool.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is what the Cadillac site says:

The five-speed automatic transmission shifts effortlessly on city streets and during tight maneuvers. For more driving control, select the manual mode and use the Driver Shift Control. Simply tap up or tap down to engage a higher or lower gear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why is this such a big deal tho? Doesn't most every car over 35,000 have it nowadays? Hell, the Toyota Mr2 Spyder has it:crazy :cheers JMO Also not nearly as much fun as teh third peddle:cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
Here is what the Cadillac site says: [

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The five-speed automatic transmission shifts effortlessly on city streets and during tight maneuvers. For more driving control, select the manual mode and use the Driver Shift Control. Simply tap up or tap down to engage a higher or lower gear./B]

how wack is that.... if i wanted clutchless..id get an automatic dizuuuuuuuuh!:crazy

·
Registered
22 Posts
SassyChiCK12 said:
how wack is that.... if i wanted clutchless..id get an automatic dizuuuuuuuuh!:crazy
Except that an automatic loses more power than a manual does, so a "clutchless" manual has the benefits of an automatic with none of the drawbacks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts