Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we just got our XLR last night, we are former Corvette owners in the Tampa Bay area. As you know, Corvette people do a lot, what about XLR people? Do they go on runs, do they have shows, do they mingle with the Corvette people. We sure hope so - anyone know what's happening in Tampa?? :cheers
 
G

·
congradulations

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS There is a Rendezvous in Albuquerque that you might be interested in. It's a week long event, starts in Albuquerque, then Sante Fe, poker run, Taos, and ends at Carlsbad caverns in southern NM, right by I-10 so you can escape back home. If interested I will direct you to the information.
Bob


KB-TPA said:
Hi, we just got our XLR last night, we are former Corvette owners in the Tampa Bay area. As you know, Corvette people do a lot, what about XLR people? Do they go on runs, do they have shows, do they mingle with the Corvette people. We sure hope so - anyone know what's happening in Tampa?? :cheers




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob, Albuquerque is a little far away, but you never know. My son just moved to Tucson, so we might be out there sometime. We will keep this in mind. Thanks again:D

standby said:
There is a Rendezvous in Albuquerque that you might be interested in. It's a week long event, starts in Albuquerque, then Sante Fe, poker run, Taos, and ends at Carlsbad caverns in southern NM, right by I-10 so you can escape back home. If interested I will direct you to the information.
Bob








[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb062&pp=ZS"]http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb062&pp=ZS[/URL]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
KB-TPA said:
Hi, we just got our XLR last night, we are former Corvette owners in the Tampa Bay area. As you know, Corvette people do a lot, what about XLR people? Do they go on runs, do they have shows, do they mingle with the Corvette people. We sure hope so - anyone know what's happening in Tampa?? :cheers
Congrats on your new XLR, mine is an 04 but I love this machine:thumbs , especially here in germany.

What color is yours? Maybe you can post some pics!
Thanks
Harry



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only have a couple of pixs, also

My family lives in Erlensee, are you close to them? I was there this August.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrelbuck/album?.dir=/fd20
This is a link to my car. The Daytona Sunset Orange 2005 Corvette is the car I traded in for the XLR
harrysxlr said:
Congrats on your new XLR, mine is an 04 but I love this machine:thumbs , especially here in germany.

What color is yours? Maybe you can post some pics!
Thanks
Harry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
KB-TPA said:
My family lives in Erlensee, are you close to them? I was there this August.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrelbuck/album?.dir=/fd20
This is a link to my car. The Daytona Sunset Orange 2005 Corvette is the car I traded in for the XLR
Hi, sure I know Erlensee / Hanau there I made my first test drive with an XLR export-model and the dealers name there (GM) is Starmotors.
Dann sind Sie Deutsche wenn Ihre Eltern da leben?
I might see you in Albu/NM this June, I`ll be there with Bob (standby) forum member.
Your black/shale XLR looks great and thanks for the pic.
Harry



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
harrysxlr said:
Hi, sure I know Erlensee / Hanau there I made my first test drive with an XLR export-model and the dealers name there (GM) is Starmotors.
Dann sind Sie Deutsche wenn Ihre Eltern da leben?
I might see you in Albu/NM this June, I`ll be there with Bob (standby) forum member.
Your black/shale XLR looks great and thanks for the pic.
Harry
I don't speak German, I came here with my father (a soldier) when I was very small. My mother, step-father & siblings have always lived in Erelnsee. I was born in Hanau. I will ask my brother if he knows that dealer (he lives in Hanau now). Thanks - is there a pix of your car? I am surprised, I didn't see any Caddie's in Germany at all, an XLR would have really shocked me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
KB-TPA said:
I don't speak German, I came here with my father (a soldier) when I was very small. My mother, step-father & siblings have always lived in Erelnsee. I was born in Hanau. I will ask my brother if he knows that dealer (he lives in Hanau now). Thanks - is there a pix of your car? I am surprised, I didn't see any Caddie's in Germany at all, an XLR would have really shocked me
Erlensee is only about 110 km 70 miles away from my home - not far!
If you give me your Email adr. I´ll send you some pics. Last aug. I bought the Corsa-exhaust for my XLR while was at my home in Cape Coral/Fl. I used to have the Corsa system on my Vette`s too.
lol, it`s just around 5.30 pm in Tampa, you are up very soon.

Harry



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really it is 5:30 am (but now it is 6:15), have to go to work soon. I had Corsa's on my Corvette. How does it sound on the XLR, I need a little more noise. Since my Corvette was a 6 speed I am used to listening to the sound to shift and the XLR always sounds like it need to be shifted to me. But the tach seems to be ok. Anyway, those Corsa's would take that away. But how does it sound inside with the top up? Can you hear them inside? I could on my Corvette and I don't know if I want that again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
KB-TPA said:
really it is 5:30 am (but now it is 6:15), have to go to work soon. I had Corsa's on my Corvette. How does it sound on the XLR, I need a little more noise. Since my Corvette was a 6 speed I am used to listening to the sound to shift and the XLR always sounds like it need to be shifted to me. But the tach seems to be ok. Anyway, those Corsa's would take that away. But how does it sound inside with the top up? Can you hear them inside? I could on my Corvette and I don't know if I want that again.
My 02 Vette conv. was 6 speed too! Well, the Corsa on the XLR isn`t as loud in the inside as the vette was but it`s louder than stock. But I love this sound and like on my vette there was only the two mufflers and over the axle pipe - on my XLR it`s the full system starts right at front after the catalic converter and also incl. two small mufflers what the stock system doen`t have.
With the top down or windows open (now, because it`s real cold) the sound is terrific. (had it up to 289 kph (179 mph) with Corsa.
with stock system top end was 279 kph (173 mph)
This week I`ll get the E & G mesh grille (looks like the V one)

Don`t work too hard
Harry



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
welcome to the forum

Just a note to let you know there are a few of us with xlr's in the area. We happen to live in Orlando, and just got our xlr about 3 weeks ago. we too had a couple of vetts, a 2000 and an 05. which the ladder was traded in on the new 06 xlr. It's really a great ride and you just don't see many on the road like the corvette. in response to your question about how corvette clubs feel towards you now, I've found they don't want anything to do with you now, I think its a little bit of envy. I was a member for 6 years and now I hear, if I should buy another vette, I'd be welcome. why would I want to go backwards. Hopefully there will be enough of us around in florida that some type of xlr gatherings can be arranged. we'll see. Bill in Orlando....:seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FL XLRs

Hey Bill - we went to our Corvette club meeting on Wed. night and all went well. They loved the XLR (after all it is a Corvette at heart). Tomorrow we are going up to Hudson to an all-Corvette show. I don't know if they will let us show our car with the club or not.:grouphug I will let you know. We have someone with a Viper, but she also has a Vette.

We also traded our 05 Vette DSO 6 sp Coupe in on this. I still like Vettes but there are too many of them in this area.

We have another club too that is Vette's & Vipers, I am sure they will welcome us, but we are just a riding club. Let me know if you ever want to go on a run. Karrel & Jeff in Tampa
ocool said:
Just a note to let you know there are a few of us with xlr's in the area. We happen to live in Orlando, and just got our xlr about 3 weeks ago. we too had a couple of vetts, a 2000 and an 05. which the ladder was traded in on the new 06 xlr. It's really a great ride and you just don't see many on the road like the corvette. in response to your question about how corvette clubs feel towards you now, I've found they don't want anything to do with you now, I think its a little bit of envy. I was a member for 6 years and now I hear, if I should buy another vette, I'd be welcome. why would I want to go backwards. Hopefully there will be enough of us around in florida that some type of xlr gatherings can be arranged. we'll see. Bill in Orlando....:seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Xlr - Tampa

Hello in Tampa,
Our XLR is a Neiman Marcus # 9, delivered in October 2003 and is Ultra-Violet. We live in Palm Harbor and mostly drive it in the Palm Harbor/Clearwater areas. Are very happy with it except for some problems with the engine and body control modules which were taken care of after several days.

Hope to hear more from you.
Bill in FL
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top