Cadillac XLR Forum banner

XLR Radiator problems

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  tonypro99 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 XLR with expired warranty. The radiator needs replaced. Will GM cover any of this expense?

#2 ·
Welcome to the XLR Forum.

To answer your question-- It's highly doubtful that Cadillac will replace the radiator. you can try by having your dealer or you contact Cadillac Customer Service.

In a few instances they will as part of customer relations or;
They might offer to do it if you pay a reduced fee or you pay labor and they pay for the part.

OTHER OPTIONS

You may be able to have a good radiator shop repair yours or you can BUY ONE YOURSELF ON GM PARTS DIRECT at a reduced rate.

Please let us know how this comes out for you.

Regards

Jerry

#3 ·
I seem to recall it put a hole in a "boat" dollar to have mine replaced. The R-134 Freon needs to be recovered/replaced from the A/C system to remove the condenser in front of the radiator.

Definition: "Boat" dollar - "Bring out another thousand".

This from a happy, twin engine diesel Searay owner!

#4 ·
If you need a new radiator this is the one I bought off ebay this year.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310336651238#ht_2530wt_1270

Fit's perfect and a great price excellent seller as well! It is the upgraded model as the 04's & 05's had problems. Changed the radiator out myself which only took about 90 mins taking my time. Really easy job to do and won't cost you an arm & a leg to do! If you need the instructions on how to do so then PM your email and I will send them to you but if you aren't capable to do it then I suggest a local mechanic can do the job. No need for a Caddy high price dealership for this one.

Thanks!

#8 ·
What's funny thou the radiator was replaced under warranty only 20000 Miles ago then bam needed a new one because the plastic on it cracked...So after investigating more seems like there was green coolant mixed with the Dex-Cool which resulted I guess in the plastic being eaten away or higher pressure build up as I dug into it deeper and found out this was happening to our vette cousins.

So as a precaution NEVER EVER MIX THE 2 even if you are low on coolant and have to make sure you drain and flush ASAP!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.