Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think they should keep the production this low. Beefing it up to the likes of Mercedes-Benz and BMW, we would be dead in the water. Those two brand amoung others produce too many vehicles to maintain the desire for one. I love the XLR and wouldn't feel exclusive if all my neighbors had one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The production WILL continue to be low unless their is a major overhaul to the assembly process. I work at the assembly plant and see the processes (mostly hands on and low staffing) XLR will never build more than 25-30 vehicles per day with out some major overhauls. Don't get me wrong, the processes are robust, just not designed for high volume.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think its great production will be low - I want to have own something special!! I have owned 4 vettes before the XLR and on a sunny Saturday you would see a ton of them - not that its a bad thing - but the XLR is unique and that is something that I personally value. Keep em outstanding GM but keep em limited as well!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You hit the nail right on the head. SL500 s are almost a dime a dozen in Los Angeles. But I rarely see an XLR. That is one of the factors that has weighed in to be getting on. I have a deal pretty much worked out, the dealer just needs to locate an 05 with Satin Nickel paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts