Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2004 Cadillac XLR for sale. Black Raven exterior, Ebony interior, 465 miles. The vehicle was ordered and purchased by NBA Superstar, Robert Horry. He drove it for about 3 weeks and traded it back to us for a Cadillac Escalade EXT. This car is available for immediate delivery. Price is $78,900 plus applicable sales taxes, licensing fees and a $50 documentary fee. We can pick you up at the Houston airport or ship this car to you. Please e-mail me with questions or for pictures of the vehicle. [email protected]

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did he even fit into the car? I can't imagine a average-size professional basketball player being able to comfortably drive an XLR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was the problem. He had to, literally, lean all the way back and then, over to the right, to be able to drive it.....Not good on anyone's back and neck, certainly not a professional basketball player!! If you know anyone that is interested, we pay a great referral fee!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would not buy any car from THIS company because of the way they treated me when I wanted to buy a NEW car, so be careful if you buy this USED one from them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Reputable Dealers

Great thread:
In identifying less than straightforward Dealers, we reward the "Good Guys" for not taking advantage of potential buyers for a "Must Have" car.

This also helps Cadillac Motors in identifying which dealers play by the rules.
Although they can't dictate what these dealers charge over MSRP, they can certainly clog the pipeline for the "Greedy!".

Brooks

·
Registered
535 Posts
My understanding is that the pipeline (allocation) is set by how many XLRs the dealer has sold:
A: the dealer sets the price based on demand
B: if the dealer sells no XLRs, he gets no more
C: if the dealer sells lots of XLRs, he gets more to sell
D: go to A

:glol

·
Registered
87 Posts
XLR for sale

Quitotix:
I'm not sure where your understanding comes from.

If allocation by GM is based on dealer volume it would nicely conform to total vehicles a particular dealer sells. however: The XLR is the exception. With only 4,000 units being produced in 2004, the dealer who sells the most at inflated prices is only taking advantage of a demand market.
This is a short term rip-off by dealers who base their price on demand.
Most reputable GM dealers are in it for the long haul and their customers want to feel that they are getting a square deal.

It is my humble opinion that the reputable dealers will prevail, long after the quick buck dealers make their profits.

As I posted previoulsy, my local dealer, Allen Cadillac suscribes to this position and as such, I will buy all my future Cadillac purchases from them.

Keep the faith!.

Brooks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Quixotic, add "in 2005" at the end of your "c" item and you are matching what I've been told. You could also change "b" to "gets less to sell in 2005".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts