Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 xlr certified witch means i has an extra year of warranty from gm that expires in aug 2011. The problem is, this seems to disqualify me for and extended gmpp warranty. Does anybody know of another extended warranty vendor that is reliable and somewhat reasonable and covers the retractable top ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
GMPP is the only warranty that covers the top. With a certified XLR, I can't imagine why you would be declined to purchase a GMPP warranty --have you called any of the GMPP vendors listed on this site to get the facts?

CC

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gmpp warranty

Thanks for your reply cclark. Yes i called Fichtner chev, Black cadillac, Baldi chev, Greg Bell and a few others. They all said only if the car is still coverd by the original 4 year warranty. I was refered to AAA auto and they gave me a good quote and said the top was covered including the top motor and sensors. I am waiting for a copy of the contract to verify.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
:confused Redone, I too was denied a GMPP plan on my CPO 2006 XLR, CPO is good until 6/12 but apparently I needed to purchase the GMPP prior to 6/11 to be eligible .:( Let me know what you find out with the AAA plan. Thanks Rich:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, it's policies like this that make buying a Certified Preowned GM car a really bad idea. Buy a non-cpo car with just a few days and miles left on the factory warranty, and you can get 4 or more years of GMPP coverage. But buy a cpo, and the day the factory warranty runs out, you have 2 more years of cpo coverage and then gm hangs you out to dry. There's not even an option to get 2 years of GMPP to match what you could have bought if you hadn't gone cpo.

For comparison, we bought a cpo Lexus that came with 3 years of cpo coverage from date we bought it, and for less than 2k we added another 3 years of zero-deductable coverage.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have found that the GMPP 'changes model years' in September, EVERY YEAR. If you try to go to the end of your exsisting warrranty you will often miss the Sept. cut off date. Now that my ESV has fallen out of GMPP, I will continue to 'renew my GMPP every Sept.' (on the XLR) and avoid being 'unqualified' to participate. AS I see it, you will always loose a few months of coverage, just to be able to renew.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts