Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 XLR has polished rims. Did Cadillac offer chrome 18"rims in 2004? There is an auction for stock chrome rims 18" on e-bay?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
johnsovl said:
My 2005 XLR has polished rims. Did Cadillac offer chrome 18"rims in 2004? There is an auction for stock chrome rims 18" on e-bay?
GM did not offer, but may have been done at the dealer level.
Stock wheels can be chromed for about $75. each.

·
Registered
333 Posts
1 XLR, I am trying to find someone to chrome plate our XLR wheels. I have only found one perswon in NYC that wants.......are you ready, $375 per wheel? I'm not sure what he's smoking but can anyone help me find a chrome plater for our wheels?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
e-bay good price on chrome wheels and tires

NY, On e-bay there is an auction for chrome wheels and tires. Plus if you scroll down and go to their website. The vendor will chrome your wheels. I did contact another vendor on e-bay that was selling chrome corvette wheels, and the price is $75.00 a wheel and two week turnaround.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadi...66484QQitemZ7993478174QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
333 Posts
Chrome wheels

I just called them. To chrome my set of factory XLR wheels is $995.00. Plus shipping both ways. Wow that seems high.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Too bad your not in SoCal. I have a guy here who will do it pretty cheap and has real XLR loaner wheels to use while yours are getting chromed.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If his work is good and his chroming is resonable, I can ship. Even if shipping is $200. it may be the best price going. I have an extra set of factory rims so the down time is not a problem. Let me know his fee. Thanks! :party

·
Registered
245 Posts
Symes Cadillac in Pasadena, Ca. was able to get me exchange chrome wheels for $100 per wheel including mounting and balancing :flag

·
Registered
535 Posts
Let me see what my guy would charge. $100 a pop seems reasonable but have to verify. Have to check if he's willing to ship.

Chroming wheels is a big money maker for dealerships, they really mark them up, sometimes 400 percent! You can also try some local tire stores, they all (including the dealer) send the wheels out to one a a few places that can do the work.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
jackewells said:
Symes Cadillac in Pasadena, Ca. was able to get me exchange chrome wheels for $100 per wheel including mounting and balancing :flag
great deal jacke!
how long ago did you have them done and how's the quality??

·
Registered
333 Posts
I appreciate hearing the results of your "chrome search". Here in NY must be the pollution stardards have driven all the chromers out of the area. The rest that I have contacted seem to be trying to rape me. :banghead

1 - 13 of 13 Posts