Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or heard of any aftermarket XLR wheels/tires yet? Some tasteful 20's would look great. I guess run-flat tires might be a snag. I also heard that the Stabilitrak electronics might be compromised if tire/wheel diameter is not within parameters.
Thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts
My understanding is that the only problem is if you get a flat, you're stuck. All you have to do is match the lug pattern and hope your oversized wheels/tires don't scrape the wheel well when you hit bumps.

A friend of mine who just took home a Thunder Gray XLR, is planning on putting on new wheels and tires, but he is in the business. I'm waiting to see how his wheels/tires look. I'll put up pictures next time I see him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am putting new wheels on mine. I am also in that business. The problem with the XLR is fitment. There is not a ton of room for a wide back wheel as that is where the top stores. If you run your hand in behind there you will feel the tops compartment. I will bost pics as soon as I have mine on. The wheel had to be custom built so it took a little time. Should be on by the end of next week hopefully. I will post pictures when I have them. They are going to be 20inch in a staggered fit. They should look great.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.