Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Wonder of this would work on a "V"??

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  standby 
#1 ·
Follow this link to see, if it would work it would finally provide the best of both worlds. The guy who is selling this is a true inventor, he has built dozens of items for the Corvette crowd, I bet he would jump at the chance to see if he could make this technology work for the "V" since for all intents and purposes the tho (V & the Z06) share the same exhaust.

http://nakidparts.com/id25.html

G
#2 ·
As you know I did the wire and switch thing.......cost? About $4.99 for the switch. Time? about an hour.
First their was the Tin Lizzy, then the Studebaker and the cars got better and better.
Same here. Someone is always gonna find a better mouse trap,
I applaud him for his inventiveness. $99 bucks isn't bad for plug and play.
Nice find
Bob

G
#5 ·
I also have had a few e-mails from him. He asked for some pics of the exhaust module and which wire to cut. I think he may do his interrupt from the module and then wire it to the remote buttons on the visor.

G
#7 ·
Thanks for sharing, but is there more information to assist members here in getting this item? How much? tough to install? etc.
Bob

srstrunk said:
:party I installed this remote module and it is great! Using the Homelink or the original remote you can turn the exhaust on and off with ease. It is great to toole around town and then close the exhaust when you are on the highway. Install was a breeze. :cool

#8 ·
It was very easy to install. The remote unit comes with crimp on connectors that you use to basically interrupt the power wire on the module and then you bolt on the ground wire and that is it. Since its a remote control, there are no wires to run back up to the front of the car. I programed two of the homelink buttons one tot turn the unit on and the other for off. It comes with two remotes, but I use the homelink instead unless I'm outside the car and showing it off. The unit was $99.00.

G
#9 ·
Where to buy

I guess I was the first guy to cut the wire on the module in the trunk and run some wire to the console and then install a rocker switch. Even though it's been done very neatly I would rather have it on my visor and be able to show it off using a remote.
Sooooooooooooooo I guess my last question would be, where can we get this unit? Again, thanks for the share.
Bob

srstrunk said:
It was very easy to install. The remote unit comes with crimp on connectors that you use to basically interrupt the power wire on the module and then you bolt on the ground wire and that is it. Since its a remote control, there are no wires to run back up to the front of the car. I programed two of the homelink buttons one tot turn the unit on and the other for off. It comes with two remotes, but I use the homelink instead unless I'm outside the car and showing it off. The unit was $99.00.

#11 ·
Come on Bob, put a crowbar in that wallet of yours and pry out the cash so you can have the best of both worlds. Your toggle switch and a remote for those moments when you take your car in for service. Just think of the fun you can experience describing your faulty exhaust to a tech, all the while you use the remote in your pocket to open/close the baffles without his knowledge. You could drive the poor guy crazy.

G
#12 ·
Geez Louis, you talked me into spending $99 dollars, not only that, but every time you break the circuit it pops in a code having to do with the exhaust. I probably could get a buy back with that remote. Just kidding. When this guy tells us where he got the remote, I will get one. Do you have any idea how much faster my car is with open exhaust from zero?
mswaim said:
Come on Bob, put a crowbar in that wallet of yours and pry out the cash so you can have the best of both worlds. Your toggle switch and a remote for those moments when you take your car in for service. Just think of the fun you can experience describing your faulty exhaust to a tech, all the while you use the remote in your pocket to open/close the baffles without his knowledge. You could drive the poor guy crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.