Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased #25 for my wife for our 25th Anniversary. I am wondering where the other 100 are, knowing that two were auctioned off.

I know where the following NM Units are:

#3 - South Dakota but customer unable to take delivery (9/13/03 at dlr.)
#9 - Florida - delivered 9/13
#30 & 31 - Twin Falls, Id, one has 115 miles and the other 25 miles. Both for sale, I am wondering how these two units to there and are for sale again?
#64 - Last known being offered on E-Bay for $87.5K w/o any bids
#74 -delivered 10/10 to dealer(?) on E-Bay for $95K w/o any bids
#80 thru 87 delivered thourgh Steve Foley Cadillac on 9/29/03 to Customer

The above covers 14 NM Marcus Units a few of which are being abused by profitiers. My understanding was that if an original PIN number did not take delievery that the back up PIN number holders had first grabs. It would seem that something less than..... is going on?

Would love to hear from not only other NM owners, but owners at large.

Happy Holiday / Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year",

DFXLX

·
Registered
411 Posts
#64 is at David Taylor Cadillac in Houston, TX (I believe they got it off eBay). It is looking for an owner and is available through their pre-owned car department. There are photos of it in this forum.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where all the other NM XLR's

alk3997,

I neglected include in my last message that I knew #64 was a Taylor Cad vehicled and yes I saw the pictures of #64 in Taylor's showroom.

You mentioned it is being offered by Taylor via their preowned department. Do know any additional particulars as to why it is up for re-sale.

DFXLR

·
Registered
411 Posts
You would have to ask them for a full explanation, but my understanding is that all/most of their new XLRs were already sold, so this was a way of getting additional XLR inventory. They actually have a black "pre-owned" XLR and an NM "pre-owned" XLR, last time I was there.

I'm guessing that since the new XLRs were going at MSRP, their early allocation went pretty fast (although they may have some for next year still). If someone walked in and said they had to have an XLR, then this was the only way to have an inventory. The buyer could then wait a few months for a new XLR at MSRP or get a very slightly used XLR that day for whatever the "pre-owned" version goes for.

·
Registered
535 Posts
We have # 45 and know that #63 is owned by a big-name movie star who lives in the Los Angeles area, who must go unnamed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where are the rest of the NM's

QUIXOTIC;

Thanks for the update on #45 & 63. I now know where 18 of the 101 are. And, in some cases the location is temp.

Happy Holidays to All,

DFXLR

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where are all the NM XLRs

Webfather;

Thanks for the update on NM XLR's. I have not had the opportunity to visit e-Bay so is it really ture that #47 is "Green"? I guess Kirmet the Frog lives.

Happy Holidays,

DFXLR

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
#99 NM XLR Information

Hi Gang,

NM XLR has surfaced at the Kruse International Hershey auction Oct 8-11 and it sold for $111,100 and the buyer does not get the NM 25,000 Inner Circle shopping points. The last six of the serial is 600567, which is right on for #99.

#100 was sold at a Non-profit auction for $115,000 on the west coast.

Happy Holidays,

DFXLR

·
Registered
535 Posts
That sounds right.

Of the 101 NM XLRs, only 99 were sold by NM. The other two were donated to charity, one was auctioned, one was raffled off.

It's this difference in numbers that has caused some confusion in the (er..) uninformed.

HO HO HO!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where are the other 100 NM XLR's?

Quixotic,

We're on the same page that 99 NM XLR's were sold via the call in on 10/15/02 and the other two via charity. The variance in the serial number is a some what of a myster in that all of the serial numbers I have secured are in sequence. I guess this just one of those things that's not worth lossing any sleep over.

Happy and Healthy 2004,

DFXLR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts