Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, there

some of you know I´m already drive an XLR - and I will keep it a while!!!

I want to replace my 2000 DTS with maybe a CTS V or the new STS which of these two cars would you, my friends buy?????

It`s a kinda hard for me, test drove two V-cars last aug in florida and love it but I didn`t even saw on new STS because the came to dealers in the second sept. week in 04 and I left the US in the first week of sept. 04

And now both cars will be available as export models over here in germany this month.

Harry

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Life is tough :)

Hi Harry,

That's a dilemma a lot of people would like to face...

Anyway, I'm not so sure what your needs are, but knowing that you want to replace the DTS, I guess the STS would be a more appropriate replacement.

If you can get your hands on a STS-V (not sure when they'll be on sale in Europe) then I think you should go for it...

The CTS-V is nice but if you have the XLR for fun, might as well get the STS for you want to travell with four people or transport stuff...

Mahme

PS: Might also consider the Mercedes E and the BMW 5 which are also good... it's funny to find a german who prefers us cars... cool :) (I love US cars as well)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mahme said:
Hi Harry,

That's a dilemma a lot of people would like to face...

Anyway, I'm not so sure what your needs are, but knowing that you want to replace the DTS, I guess the STS would be a more appropriate replacement.

If you can get your hands on a STS-V (not sure when they'll be on sale in Europe) then I think you should go for it...

The CTS-V is nice but if you have the XLR for fun, might as well get the STS for you want to travell with four people or transport stuff...

Mahme

PS: Might also consider the Mercedes E and the BMW 5 which are also good... it's funny to find a german who prefers us cars... cool :) (I love US cars as well)
Hi Mahme,
thanks for your opinion and I think you right to choose an STS.
Yeah, I surely would get an STS V but this car will not be over here before 2007.

Merc E or BMW 5 they good but you see these cars on each corner so I prefer my US-Cars. :)

This month I´ll test drive the V8 Northstar STS, my dealer is getting in two (one light platinum/ebony and one moonstone/cashmere. I´ll let you know.

BTW I drove since 1971 US-Cars and never had a big problem with them, yes, I love them too. :flag

Harry

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I test drove a V8 Northstar STS several months ago, in a feeble attempt to fall in love with something besides the XLR. The STS is just a magnificent automobile, with the best sound system I've heard anywhere. Fabulous ride. But I couldn't stop my infatuation with the XLR!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kenley said:
I test drove a V8 Northstar STS several months ago, in a feeble attempt to fall in love with something besides the XLR. The STS is just a magnificent automobile, with the best sound system I've heard anywhere. Fabulous ride. But I couldn't stop my infatuation with the XLR![/QUOTE

Hi Kenley,

why not both for you too??? I´ll see after the new STS arrives here and after a test-drive.

This or next month you`ll hear my decision.

Thanks

Harry

G

·
Harry, I hate to say this, but you have to much money. Give some to me so I can have a Vette and an STS and an XLR.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :glol :glol :glolBob

harrysxlr said:
Kenley said:
I test drove a V8 Northstar STS several months ago, in a feeble attempt to fall in love with something besides the XLR. The STS is just a magnificent automobile, with the best sound system I've heard anywhere. Fabulous ride. But I couldn't stop my infatuation with the XLR![/QUOTE

Hi Kenley,

why not both for you too??? I´ll see after the new STS arrives here and after a test-drive.

This or next month you`ll hear my decision.

Thanks

Harry

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
standby said:
Harry, I hate to say this, but you have to much money. Give some to me so I can have a Vette and an STS and an XLR.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :glol :glol :glolBob
Hi Bob,
how much do you need :lol tell me you`ll get a check :glol

No, I don`t have too much but enough. I own clothing-stores here in germany and although the economy isn`t good I do good business and this for 40 years.
My parents started in 66 and I took it over in 89 and it`s fine.

Bu I guess you also don`t life on welfare-stamps :nono You just sold your GP - drive an XLR right now - ordered an XLR V - that means money :yesnod :yesnod

Bob, I still didn`t tried out my ACC but I´ll let you know

Bye my friend

Harry :flag

G

·
I'm buying the V with welfare stamps..........How did you know?

Gotta try the ACC, it's a lot of fun.
Bob............So you own a few Habadasheries, aka Clothing stores in Jewish, I think, and I think I just destoyed the spelling of that word.

harrysxlr said:
Hi Bob,
how much do you need :lol tell me you`ll get a check :glol

No, I don`t have too much but enough. I own clothing-stores here in germany and although the economy isn`t good I do good business and this for 40 years.
My parents started in 66 and I took it over in 89 and it`s fine.

Bu I guess you also don`t life on welfare-stamps :nono You just sold your GP - drive an XLR right now - ordered an XLR V - that means money :yesnod :yesnod

Bob, I still didn`t tried out my ACC but I´ll let you know

Bye my friend

Harry :flag

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G

·
I'm not mad my friend,

Translation problems I would think. I didn't mean to infer that you where Jewish. I was just trying to be funny. I just used haberdashery as a reference to the clothing business. Now I have to apologize. Sometimes it's difficult to type in someone's feelings and words get taken out of context. Bob

harrysxlr said:
Hi Bob,
didn`t want to make you mad, I´m sorry if I did!

I`m not jewish, don`t know how come you think so.

Harry

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
standby said:
I'm not mad my friend,

Translation problems I would think. I didn't mean to infer that you where Jewish. I was just trying to be funny. I just used haberdashery as a reference to the clothing business. Now I have to apologize. Sometimes it's difficult to type in someone's feelings and words get taken out of context. Bob
Hi Bob,

good you don`t mad about me but I really don`t know what this haberdingsda means. :lol
What I want to ask you a long time ago, what interior color do you get on your XLR V - ebony or shale?

Harry

G

·
Haberdashery: I believe it is what the Jewish people call a clothing store.

I have a deposit down and the dealers word that I will pay no more than MSRP. I told him I wanted the old red and shale, but at the time I wasn't aware that the red was changing. I may go with my 04 Platnium and shale. He can't order any cars until a certain date. I would expect him to contact me before that and finalize color, extras, etc. before then.

I'm going to post a thread asking our members what they think of Platnum with a shale interior. I'm trying to visulize what that would look like..............I don't think the two colors will go together very well. What do you think?
Bob
harrysxlr said:
Hi Bob,

good you don`t mad about me but I really don`t know what this haberdingsda means. :lol
What I want to ask you a long time ago, what interior color do you get on your XLR V - ebony or shale?

Harry

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
standby said:

I have a deposit down and the dealers word that I will pay no more than MSRP. I told him I wanted the old red and shale, but at the time I wasn't aware that the red was changing. I may go with my 04 Platnium and shale. He can't order any cars until a certain date. I would expect him to contact me before that and finalize color, extras, etc. before then.

I'm going to post a thread asking our members what they think of Platnum with a shale interior. I'm trying to visulize what that would look like..............I don't think the two colors will go together very well. What do you think?
Bob
I know Bob is buying Ultra-Red/Shale or Light-Platinum/Shale - both colors look good!!!

But which one now :confused :confused :confused

Harry

G

·
I don't know which until I can get a look at the combination. Maybe I will go to all the car shows in the western states in hopes of seeing platinum with shale, then I will decide unless you guys talk me out of it.

harrysxlr said:
I know Bob is buying Ultra-Red/Shale or Light-Platinum/Shale - both colors look good!!!

But which one now :confused :confused :confused

Harry

·
Registered
110 Posts
it a french word

standby said:
I'm not mad my friend,

haberdasher
/habbrdashr/

• noun 1 Brit. a dealer in dressmaking and sewing goods. 2 N. Amer. a dealer in men’s clothing.

— DERIVATIVES haberdashery noun.

— ORIGIN probably from Old French hapertas, perhaps the name of a fabric.

this might help

G

·
There you go Harry, we have someone that knows. It sure sounds like a Jewish word. When I was young I lived in a town in NJ, called Lakewood, it was predominantly Jewish and it just seemed to fit. Every day is a learning day. Thanks Pam..........:grouphug

pamlicopirate said:
haberdasher
/habbrdashr/

• noun 1 Brit. a dealer in dressmaking and sewing goods. 2 N. Amer. a dealer in men’s clothing.

— DERIVATIVES haberdashery noun.

— ORIGIN probably from Old French hapertas, perhaps the name of a fabric.

this might help

·
Registered
145 Posts
standby said:
You might be interested ...

Definitions of haberdashery on the Web:

sewing notions. It is interesting that the dictionaries give the American meaning as "men's clothing" and a haberdasher as a men's clothing shop. Growing up in 1950s America, I only heard the term applied to men's furnishings. The haberdashery department in a store sold hats, ties, gloves, cuff links, etc., but never trousers, jackets, coats, shirts, or underwear. Dictionaries also mention that a haberdasher was, at one point in British history, a hattery. The general notion of the word seems to be "odds and ends."
www.stensrude.com/Oz.html

Not sure where the Jewish connotation came from....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts