Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
I would suggest you do your own research, there are tons of published "data", however it is all pie-in-the-sky since the only real measurement is in the eye of a real owner.

With that said, my 2004 made the jump from 0-60 in 5.7 seconds on level, dry pavement. The numbers were gathered with the help of a GTechPro RR.

If you check the web, you will find a range from 5.6 to 6.01, but I think most owners find themselves closer to my numbers.

Considering the XLR tips the scales at a portly 3,700 lbs., and has only 320 ponies at its disposal - its lucky it cracks the 5 second barrier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So my question is this - ssuming 5.7 seconds - is it worth spending an extra $25,000 on a V when you pick up MAYBE one full second at most (probably less)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
xlr said:
So my question is this - ssuming 5.7 seconds - is it worth spending an extra $25,000 on a V when you pick up MAYBE one full second at most (probably less)?
Hi xlr,
mine does a 0-100 kph in 5.5 sec. (0-62 mph) and I think the benefit goes to my Corsa system.
I´ve read all test`s of the STS V and it has 0-60 mph times 4.6 - 5.1 so I think we will see for the XLR V times from 4.3 - 4.5.
But what is more important here in Germany is times, like 0 - 100 or 150 mph and there the V`s will be alot faster than stock XLR.

Harry



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
I respect your thoughts Hans, however there is no possible way the XLR-V in stock trim will make the 0-60 run in 4.3 - 4.5 seconds. I think 4.7 to 4.9 is a better guess considering its weight to horsepower/torque.

In fact, when you consider your own info that shows an extreme spread for the STS-V (4-6 to 5.1) giving the XLR-V a 4.3 to 4.5 is just unrealistic.

Keep in mind when measuring 0-60 times that a variance of a 1/2 second is a big variance, that's why the measure in 10ths of a second. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
mswaim said:
I respect your thoughts Hans, however there is no possible way the XLR-V in stock trim will make the 0-60 run in 4.3 - 4.5 seconds. I think 4.7 to 4.9 is a better guess considering its weight to horsepower/torque.

In fact, when you consider your own info that shows an extreme spread for the STS-V (4-6 to 5.1) giving the XLR-V a 4.3 to 4.5 is just unrealistic.

Keep in mind when measuring 0-60 times that a variance of a 1/2 second is a big variance, that's why the measure in 10ths of a second. :cheers
No mswaim,
if you take the numbers of the Northstar STS compared to the XLR the difference in the 0-60 times is about a half second.
If I remember right, they tested the XLR with 5.6-5.9 times and the STS with 5.9-6.2 times.
OK, when you put these over to the V´s, there should be a 0-60 time for the XLR V of obout 4.3 - 4.6.
I think in next issue of Road & Track they`ll have a double test of the STS and XLR (both V`s) we will find out there.

Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Speed 0- 60

What is the fastest way to get 0 - 60 with a stock XLR?? :crazy

Do you manual shift Thur the gears or let it shift its self?

Do you turn the "Traction Control" on or off?

Seeing as this car as so many computers on it and they say it "Learns" how you drive does that mean it would get faster times after driving it for some time very hard?

Just asking... Hope this does not start a war here... :glol :glol

Blaise
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
Blaise, you are closer to the truth than you think! Any of the newer cars will adapt to their driver, so the harder you drive them the more aggressive their response will be. That's why I always hate it when the wife drives my car or when the dealer re-flashes the computer.

Since holding it in gear past a certain rpm is counter-productive, I would think it would be best to let it shift on its own with the traction control turned off. That's the way I measured mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
mswaim said:
Since holding it in gear past a certain rpm is counter-productive, I would think it would be best to let it shift on its own with the traction control turned off. That's the way I measured mine.
holding a gear may be counter-productive.....but it sure sounds great with my Borla exhaust!
I agree though, there's no way I can manually out proform the technology in shifting or the traction control in this car.
Traction and stabili-trac should be off for max speed though.

Also, the car "learns" for individual drivers, so your wife should be using Driver 2 FOB so she dosen't mess you up.
I never use my #2 FOB and only I drive my car. On the few occasions I used the #2, there is a VERY noticable difference in proformance. My car has learned well!:thumbs
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
I agree with the car adapting to both drivers, but let's face it - there's no need to overwhelm my wife with that knowledge! I prefer the two-car principle, you drive both, she drives hers or at least that sounds good in theory.:yesnod :yesnod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
mswaim said:
I agree with the car adapting to both drivers, but let's face it - there's no need to overwhelm my wife with that knowledge! I prefer the two-car principle, you drive both, she drives hers or at least that sounds good in theory.:yesnod :yesnod
OK I see what you're doing now....."Honey, you can't drive my car because you confuse it":glol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
Exactly! The last thing I want is a confused vehicle, the repercussions could be quite dangerous.

And to answer Bumbleent, I think the range you are looking at (55-85) would still be more easily capitalized on by utilizing the auto function, then "train" the computer to shift as aggresively as it will allow.

Practice makes perfect, even in the life of an open loop/closed loop style computer program. :cheers
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top