Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 17 year old student going off to college in a few months. I figure, you guys are wealthy and im just curious what fields you all work in. I plan on being an Attorney, so if there are any, do you have a law school recommendation??

:D

Thank you for your time.

(BTW, just because im 17 doesnt mean I cant appreciate a beautiful car like the XLR. I am in the process of convincing my dad to buy one. He currently wants a BMW 6 series.)

·
Registered
325 Posts
It is not so much what you do for a living but more that you have a passion for what you do and a vision for your future. No particular recommendations for schools, pick your friends wisely and keep in touch with them for life.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do something you enjoy. You will then not view it as work and you will excel at it. You don't want to go through life dreading what you do. Wishing you were somewhere else. One day you will look back and say you wished your life away. I enjoyed law enforcement and electronics. First job was a security guard. With in 12 years I owned a Security Guard company, Alarm Company and a few others. I then started to complain about taxes and government regulation. So thought I should do something about it. Sold my businesses after 28 years and ran for elected office. I am now in my forth year elected to state government. I'm having the time of my life helping people and hopefully making the State a better place. I've always had a love of cars. I enjoy the XLR in the good weather, its my hobby.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm 23, bought my XLR at 22...I am a VP for a local bank here in VA

Stay Focused and you ll get there, set reasonable goals and long term goals and make sure you are reaching them as you go along.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree,just do what you are happy with, but set tour goals high, myself , I've been on the goverment dole for the past 56 years. only in america.:flag :reddevil :smash :cool

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not wealthy but doing OK. I bought my first "dream car" at age 54.

I'm a software engineer, but made a fairly late-life career change to that. Good advice earlier to do something you like, the money will take care of itself.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Agree with "Do what you enjoy". Its far more important than going into a field because it is lucrative.

Remember, I think more than half of all Atty don't practice "the law" but do other work. So, it can be a good start or if you want to end up in business, the MBA route may be better.

Physician here in DC area - We always could use some more lawyers in Washington.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts