Cadillac XLR Forum banner

What changes would you like for 07?

16K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  harrysxlr 
#1 ·
I would like:

1. Blue Tooth - c'mon this is a $77,00 car!

2. New more agreesive wheels and tires. (see V-Series)

3. larger Nav screen

4. new interior - anyone know if this is coming?

#6 ·
Ed and Sandra said:
"XLR" emblems that don't snag cleaning cloths! Some idiot designed the current ones and how they're mounted. It's a miracle we haven't ripped one off considering the number of times we've caught terry cloths on them.

Best regards,
Ed and Sandra
I removed mine, rear and sides. I think they're distracting

#9 ·
Scroll on Nav

I'd like the ability to scroll across the Nav screen. Every other one I have has that function.

Also, I like the other mentions:

Wind screen
Bluetooth (although this would lead to competition for Onstar)

More for me:

a better function and visibility of back-up monitor (or rear camera)
autostart
raise or lower top remotely

#11 ·
I want a On--Start--Accessory--Off Button that works like the Lexus one does. I don't even like their car but I do like the button. It Clicks in to Start and clicks out to stop.

I am getting real tired of having to go back to the car after I have shut it off and it decided to go to accessory mode.

#15 ·
upstate said:
Tell me more! You mean if you push the raise the top button the trunk will close? What do you mean usually? I'm assuming you mean you have to have it in park? :party
Upstate
I opened the trunk as normal from the rear, then got in the car and put it in accessory mode. Pushed the top up button, both side windows went down, the trunk closed, and then I got the "BEEP". Then I opened the trunk from the button on the dash, and went through the same routine, and everything worked the same. And by pushing the top up button again within 5 seconds after the "BEEP", both side windows went up.

#16 ·
wreindol said:
Upstate
I opened the trunk as normal from the rear, then got in the car and put it in accessory mode. Pushed the top up button, both side windows went down, the trunk closed, and then I got the "BEEP". Then I opened the trunk from the button on the dash, and went through the same routine, and everything worked the same. And by pushing the top up button again within 5 seconds after the "BEEP", both side windows went up.
You are right I just did the same myself. Great info. Thanks!

#18 ·
1) Rearview camera - display either in the Nav LCD or a Rearview mirror mounted LCD. I really miss that from my wife's Infiniti.

2) More use of the HUD - navigation information for a start

3) Better voice recognition (include "top down" assuming the voice recognition is accurate enough)

4) Bluetooth connectivity

5) Remote engine start

That's about it for me...

Andy

G
#19 ·
More R&D before they release new cars and stuff
alk3997 said:
1) Rearview camera - display either in the Nav LCD or a Rearview mirror mounted LCD. I really miss that from my wife's Infiniti.

2) More use of the HUD - navigation information for a start

3) Better voice recognition (include "top down" assuming the voice recognition is accurate enough)

4) Bluetooth connectivity

5) Remote engine start

That's about it for me...

Andy

#25 ·
1_XLR said:
Ich denke die Autosbedürfnisse größere Reifen und auffälligere Rander. Das Auto ist abkühlt :thumbs
:lol :lol :lol Hi 1_XLR you are talking almost perfect German.

Thanks for your translation but I`ve already figured it out that he was talking about bigger wheels and tires. I thought my english was the most worse in this forum, glad it isn`t. :thumbs

Hans

G
#26 ·
Hey Hans,

You think Janet was German? :cry I just think she was a bad typist. Anyone for spell check?
Four months for the V:flag
Bob
harrysxlr said:
:lol :lol :lol Hi 1_XLR you are talking almost perfect German.

Thanks for your translation but I`ve already figured it out that he was talking about bigger wheels and tires. I thought my english was the most worse in this forum, glad it isn`t. :thumbs

Hans

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.