Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where does one find the forum guidelines mentioned in the first post? Might be a good idea to have a link to them in the post for idiots like myself.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Where does one find the forum guidelines mentioned in the first post? Might be a good idea to have a link to them in the post for idiots like myself.
Welcome. we hope you enjoy your XLR and the XLR Forum.

As you may now know after becoming a little more familiar with the site, the site Guidelines are the next major category below the Welcome New Members on the site.

If you need anything else please just ask.

Best wishes

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just Bought a 2005 XLR Xenon Blue

Hello XLR Owners,
I am new to this discussion but I have been part of others. I used to own a Buick Reatta and drove it until it finally died. I have been wanting one of these cars since I first saw one sitting at the entrance to the Pro Bowl in Honolulu when they first came out. I love my new car. This seems to be a great forum. Glad to be a part of it.
All the best,
Jim Houston
Charleston, SC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello! new here and just signed up to do some research on finding a quality used XLR. Saw that I had to post in this thread first. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
jimhouston and Taktix1:

Welcome we are pleased to have you join our group.

I think you will find there is a lot of very helpful information here so take your time and browse around.

Also, please become familiar with the search button located in the top right side of the banner for topics and information you can't easily locate.

If you need any assistance please post a note and let us know.

Very best wishes

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
goforit

Thanks for nice welcome. I have been a lifelong Vette owner. I still own a C5 and can't believe the dramatic difference between that and my newly acquired 05 XLR. I'm anxious to learn as much as possible from you folks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New owner of a Black 05

I've been a Vette owner for nearly 45 years, never been without one for more than 3 months. I still own the last one I've bought, a 98 Coupe.

This new (to me) XLR is unbelievable. I am more impressed every day. I'm still learning all the features and craftsmanship.

I thought my Vettes were ROAD cars, but the XLR is a far superior performer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New

Yesterday bought a 2005 XLR been looking around for awhile and a dealer in town just got it in Friday. Test drove it, bought it and love it. Hopefully it will be a worry free car. 36000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #189

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
You new guys are most welcome here.

You'll find that there are many Corvette owners past and present here.

We also have some SSR owners, CTS-V and Allante -- etc.

The common thread is a passion for unique cars. Most all of the XLR owners rapidly grow to like their XLR and whatit provides in the way of enjoyment. So jump in and share your experiences and take advantage of the ealth of information here.

If you have questions please ask.

Very best wishes

Jerry

·
Registered
4 Posts
05 misfires

We have an 05 with 36k miles. When cold the engine misfires from what feels like the left bank. The car sat for a year(estate) before the purchase 6 months ago. Have changed plugs and blew the injectors. Seems like we have used a gallon on fuel and injector cleaner(chevron). Problem persists. There are NO engine lights, and runs fine once up to temp. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Guy from Fremont Calif.

Hi All, I’m thinking about buying an XLR. I'd like to find out as much as I can about them, so I can make an informed decision before I purchase. I have a Black SSR and I love the hardtop retractable top. I'm looking to add a Black XLR to my collection in the future.

See Ya!
Randy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, we seem to have the same taste in cars indeed. I'm a member of the SSR FANATICS and CHEVY HHR.NET also. My daily commuter car is a Black 08 HHR Panel. Are you starting to see a pattern? Black GM cars with chrome wheels.

See Ya!
Randy

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #196

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Jerry,

I’ve been looking around the site learning about the XLR's. I'll start posting questions in the near future. In the mean time here are a couple of pics of the one that got away. My 1992 Chevy Caprice that I sold a few years back. I wish I still had it, it was a great car. This is the one that started the pattern, Black with five spoke chrome wheels and lowered. It was very sleek and stylish for a Chevy and it got 28 miles to the gallon to boot.

See Ya!
Randy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the XLR Forum!!!

We hope you have very enjoyable and educational experiences during your visits to the XLR Forum Site.

Once you have read the XLR Forum Guiding Principles and Guidlines, you will be be approved to post your experieces and comments in any of the applicable sections.

If you experience any difficulty or have comments that you would like to pass on that will improve the forum, please contact one of the moderators below via Private Mail:

XLR I FL aka Jerry

Thanks again and Welcome Aboard!!!
I just retired from the PD after 31 years ending my years there as chief pilot. I'm really into cars and motorcycles and just about anything that moves.
Just purchased a 04 XLR after looking at the benz SL and Lexus 430. I love the car but there seems to be gremlins inside. I had trouble with the CD skipping but now that has stopped. Now my trunk will open but will not close. When I push the trunk close button I can hear the switch click with a short motor noise when I push it but the trunk won't close.
I have to close it by using the up down switch for the top to close it.
Then it will work fine other times.
Any suggestions?

181 - 200 of 216 Posts