Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Watch DVDs while driving

14K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  homegameroom 
#1 ·
I heard that some how a code can be put into the nav that will alow a psaager to watch DVDs?

#10 ·
How can i watch DVD??????!!!

i tried that on my 2004 XLR but it didnt work ..i dont know why

beisde i heard that there is another way to do it is by holding forward seek and then press the right second button from buttom of the DVD screen..but then i found that what they ment is the old Screen as they have real buttons on the right hands..but the newer version of XLR 2004 and unwards have buttons as screen touch...because i tried to hit the second button bla bla but then it comes to navigation system

can anyone knows how can i overide it and let my GF watch DVD instead staring at me since i cant drive if someone watching me :)

#5 ·
"Note" as in "musical note". It is a small button immediately above the volume button on the left.

Press and hold for a few seconds, you will get an input screen.

I've heard it only works with 2004. Cadillac "discovered" that we knew the code, so changfed or removed it for 2005.

#21 ·
Dvd

It not older or mellow its wiser. heres a jimmyism! How come experience always has a price tag associated with it? Thats why we are better, wiser and mellower. But jez I wish I had all that money it cost me! Kind of like that old joke about smart pills and rabit googies! jim

#25 · (Edited)
googies

The little boy complains to his sister that hes not smart like her. The sister said she has some smart pills (Rabbit crap, googies, raisins!) the boy eats one then spits it and says this tasts like crap. The sister says see your getting smart already. But everyone knows this story! I just had to put in to context! Bob Ya I know im off track in the forum! so shoot me! Just answering the q's! so the code is 1791 then huh!!! LOL jim

#29 ·
What Codes?

I can still hear the exchange between HOMEGAMEROOM and the Cadillac Management team at Rendezvous II when they were asked about any other neat "codes" that could be shared.............

"I'm sorry, I don't think I understood the question."

"Nevermind." :glol

#34 ·
I can still hear the exchange between HOMEGAMEROOM and the Cadillac Management team at Rendezvous II when they were asked about any other neat "codes" that could be shared.............

"I'm sorry, I don't think I understood the question."

"Nevermind." :glol
That is why I will not take advantage of their offer to upgrade our software at Rendevous III. I prefer the sound from the DVD's and I have my ECM flashed for my intake and exhaust.

#31 ·
I could see another advantage to tricking the unit that it is stationary; that would to be entering a route (by your passenger).

On the way to BG for the rendivoux, I commanded "Zoom Out" and the nav unit heard "Go Home" and it immediately canceled guidance to BG and recalculated a route backwards to home. There is no way to stop it or revert to the prior route unless you stop. GRrrrrrr.....

Bob

#35 ·
I agree. I heard from one XLR owner that, when their car was in for service, that they couldn't watch DVD's anymore. HOWEVER, I just got mine back from the dealer - I'm SURE they flshed the memory (or whatever it is they do) since the car drives noticeable differently, but my DVD viewing still works. I think they need to upgrade (or replace) the whole unit to screw it up so one can't view DVD's. I still love my freakin car- I'm so happy she's back home!!!! :yesnod

#36 ·
PS It WAS funny at BG when I asked the question about codes. There's GOT to be something else that screen does, but what is it and what are the codes?!? :banghead I'm sure the respose I got was due to basic product liability, since the Cadillac folks acted like they had NO IDEA as to what I was talking about! Yeah, right!

If anyone at GM is looking :seeya - I won't get a newer XLR (unless they do something dramatic to change it) cuz I enjoy "watching" DVD's while driving. Tell those lawyers (with no disrespect to those of you who might be in that profession) to go pound salt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.