Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had an overheat problem with my 2005 XLR I let it cool overnight it was low on coolant I topped it off started it and ran for about 3 minutes then just flat out died.... now will not run, (also the driver side window will not go up now??? WTH ?!?!?! passenger side will dont know WHAT the heck)....It will Crank over and run briefly if a spray starter fluid in the air intake but it doesn't seem to be getting any fuel now I noticed that the wires coming from under the intake are charred going to the timing sensors....however would that affect the fuel pump not to pump fuel as well? Any recommendations?? I'm gettin
a VCIM code as well on module scanner

·
Registered
59 Posts
start with checking the suspension modules and top module in the trunk on the left rear cubby hole .If they are damp you have problems. Depending on how long your car ran hot and how hot it got you may have other issues. The XLR Northstar does not have the headbolt issues unless it is allowed to run hot. The hose under the intake mass air flow can leak a little fluid over a period of time and will run the car low on coolant. The reservoir tank should tell you low coolant but they also fail so you really need to check it by eye from time to time. If you have low coolant you have a leak. If there is moisture in the trunk area the roof module will be damaged and will keep the windows from working .The suspension module a larger metal finned box if damp will keep the car from starting. Could also be the onstar antenna connections . I am not sure about the onstar problems but there are write ups about it . Nothing I know of should run the fob batteries down unless the buttons are stuck. there should be no draw unless the buttons are pressed.. so if the batteries are killing new batteries you have a a bad fob.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts