Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trunk wont open...at 1st it was sparatic , now regardless is i use fob OR dash button, I no sound of release in trunk. Have checked all fuses.... ???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trunk wont open...at 1st it was sparatic , now regardless is i use fob OR dash button, I no sound of release in trunk. Have checked all fuses.... ???
Did you try the key from the fob in the emergency trunk lock embedded in the back bumper?

Regarding the trunk latch, the trunk uses the same latch as the door. Problem might be the latch. When my door lack went bad it would work sparatically, then not at all. There are threads on this site that explain how to clean or replace the latch. Also, Corvette C6 used the same latch and I found videos on YouTube.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you try the key from the fob in the emergency trunk lock embedded in the back bumper?

Regarding the trunk latch, the trunk uses the same latch as the door. Problem might be the latch. When my door lack went bad it would work sparatically, then not at all. There are threads on this site that explain how to clean or replace the latch. Also, Corvette C6 used the same latch and I found videos on YouTube.
my fob
No k

No key with my fob

·
Registered
43 Posts
One of the FOBs should have a key. It's a silver portion where you can put a ring on. Press the little button, holding it in while you pull the key out. If there is no silver end, there would be a place for the key to fit in (open end of FOB). In that case, you might want to invest in getting a key made.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The XLR Key Fob opens to reveal the key.
XLR Key Fob.jpeg

Trunk Key Access.jpeg

Insert the key behind the access panel on the lower left of the rear bumper.

No key with my fob
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2004 XLR did not have a key in thee fob. It had a veryu large key ( not part of the Ffob) that would fit in the rear bumper, pop out t, he little square on rear bumper, driver side, turn the Key and force up the trunk lid, It will not just open you will have to manually force it up. The key is much larger than any door, 3 inches log and all metal, no plastic. Chedck with the dealer., I have 2004 first sold in 12/2003

1 - 6 of 6 Posts