Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2005 trunk won't open... the BCM compartment had water in it and i got no key with the car when I bought it....any suggestions how to open trunk.?

·
Registered
30 Posts
well if your fob wont unlock it or the inside switch and you have no key you have a problem. GM should be able to make a key for the rear bumper. I dont think the 04/05 fobs have a manual key like the later fobs. IF not ordering one by vin from GM or someone said a locksmith might make one but I have never seen one do it with success.Thats the only way to get into the trunk is by the cable that is operated by the key in the bumper.I have a car wit hthe bumper off I will look at but I dont think you can access the cable at all behind the bumper.

locksmith or GM is going to be it without a good bit of damage

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if your fob wont unlock it or the inside switch and you have no key you have a problem. GM should be able to make a key for the rear bumper. I dont think the 04/05 fobs have a manual key like the later fobs. IF not ordering one by vin from GM or someone said a locksmith might make one but I have never seen one do it with success.Thats the only way to get into the trunk is by the cable that is operated by the key in the bumper.I have a car wit hthe bumper off I will look at but I dont think you can access the cable at all behind the bumper.

locksmith or GM is going to be it without a good bit of damage
Ok, ty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts