Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trunk won't open? and I noticed the onlyway to get it open is to put the convertible top down anyone have a clue on this??? I noticed some others on this board were having trunk problems. Also wipers come on sometimes for no reason they will swipe the window once and turn off??? any help is appreciated. Sunny
 
G

·
Wipers are an easy one.......trunk, see the dealer

Your in the wiper sensor mode that will clear your windshield automatically if moisture gets on it. If you go in a car wash they will go like crazy...........that's not good. This in my estimation is a stupid non senseless add on. Anyone knows how to turn a windshield wiper if you need it. Change your settings, is my advice.
Bob

Sunny said:
Trunk won't open? and I noticed the onlyway to get it open is to put the convertible top down anyone have a clue on this??? I noticed some others on this board were having trunk problems. Also wipers come on sometimes for no reason they will swipe the window once and turn off??? any help is appreciated. Sunny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
:eek wait a minute!
we paid extra for those whistles and bells
My whipers are set on auto all the time and just like my head lights, I never have to think about them....it's a great feature. If you're in a moist area or you're driving passed sprinklers regularly.....(or that idiot in front of you that is cleaning his windshield:cuss ) then they may not work for you. Otherwise, get it repaired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
1_XLR said:
:eek wait a minute!
we paid extra for those whistles and bells
My whipers are set on auto all the time and just like my head lights, I never have to think about them....it's a great feature. If you're in a moist area or you're driving passed sprinklers regularly.....(or that idiot in front of you that is cleaning his windshield:cuss ) then they may not work for you. Otherwise, get it repaired.
Mike, but in a car wash where the engine runs in neutral and get pushed automatically the wipers will go on when water hits the windshield. You can damage your wipers there unless you`ll have em in off position.

Am I wrong????

Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
harrysxlr said:
Mike, but in a car wash where the engine runs in neutral and get pushed automatically the wipers will go on when water hits the windshield. You can damage your wipers there unless you`ll have em in off position.

Am I wrong????

Hans
well sure....I guess you gotta make allowances.
I have my car hand washed:thumbs
 
G

·
No Hans, your not wrong, but mike is, or maybe he isn't. We where talking about wipers and I think he is talking about whipers, whatever they are.
Mike, You had that coming after the fake picture of your car stripped down.
That's really hard, touching the lever to clear your windows.....Dah!

harrysxlr said:
Mike, but in a car wash where the engine runs in neutral and get pushed automatically the wipers will go on when water hits the windshield. You can damage your wipers there unless you`ll have em in off position.

Am I wrong????

Hans
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
trunk and my haunted car

some of you may remember my haunted car post. the ghostbusters at the dealer finally figured it out and there will be a new techinical report go out on "maximum speed zero miles per hour" sometime in this milleneium which of course no one will read. It turns out that my trunk was also inoperable. The cause of the entire mess was a votage drop across one of the ground points on the body not listed on the schematic for the car. There is a central ground bus, but there are also other ground points and one of these was "loose". the tech had to take it out and drive over some railroad track to duplicate the problem, but once that was done the connection came loose again and cleaning and retorqeing the offending wire solved the problem. i had it up to payosn and Lake roosevelt today and it performed magnificently. Like the car I thight I had purchased, finally.

I did go so far as to give th dealer notice of disattisfaction under the warranty provisions as was sugggested, and I am still sort of waiting fo the other shoe to drop, but right now all is well.

So maybe the trunk probem is something to do with a ground out of whack somehere?

George DeLong
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top