Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 XLR's trunk will open but not close. You have to either close the trunk manually, or open the top and close it by closing the top. I only have 22K miles on it. Is it likely the switch in the trunk? (when I push the button in the trunk nothing happens) A sensor problem? The hydraulics seem fine as it closes as part of the top closing sequence. Im taking it to my dealer a week for monday and am wondering what to expect since Im 6-7 months out of the four yr warranty period. Can anyone give me some advice on what Im facing? Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My 2005 XLR's trunk will open but not close. You have to either close the trunk manually, or open the top and close it by closing the top. I only have 22K miles on it. Is it likely the switch in the trunk? (when I push the button in the trunk nothing happens) A sensor problem? The hydraulics seem fine as it closes as part of the top closing sequence. Im taking it to my dealer a week for monday and am wondering what to expect since Im 6-7 months out of the four yr warranty period. Can anyone give me some advice on what Im facing? Thanks.
That sounds like the switch in the trunk lid is defective. It prys out very easily.

HTHs

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Once you remove the switch, it's easy to test with a multimeter --if you have a good set of test leads or three hands. If it's bad, you can order one from GMPD and install it yourself, saving maybe an hour's worth of shop labor, which will more than pay for the cost of the switch.

CC :seeya

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem closing trunk. The tonneau panel hangs up until I manually pull don and ease forward - then it will continue to close. I need a reputable dealer, in (central MA- 01604 area), who doesn't want to do complete over hall charging a zillion dollars. So far a shop wants to replace 4 hydraulic hoses, one or more possibly leaking for $2,200.00. He says I must buy all four hoses- as it is a kit, ( $700.00). I have already paid for rebuild of two cylinders, ( $1,625.00 )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts