·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my top put on the diagnostic machine today and got 3 codes that showed up
B3665 FRONT TONNEAU POSITION ERROR
B3666 REAR TONNEAU POSITION ERROR
B 3971 FOLDING TOP POSITION SENSOR
I did have my battery die out for a short time and I think that is why I am getting these codes. Before I replaced the battery the top was working fine. Any idea on fixing these codes? Do I replace the two tonneau sensors? Where is the folding top sensor located at?

·
Registered
189 Posts
well I never say them that cheap from GM even at wholesale but yep they where fairly inexpensive. I have also never seen more than one fail at a time and its usually the same one. because people replaced all of them at once instead of just the bad one they got all sold out and the ebay junk yards are reaping the rewards. I have trouble getting them but sell them for a good bit less to members who need them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I never say them that cheap from GM even at wholesale but yep they where fairly inexpensive. I have also never seen more than one fail at a time and its usually the same one. because people replaced all of them at once instead of just the bad one they got all sold out and the ebay junk yards are reaping the rewards. I have trouble getting them but sell them for a good bit less to members who need them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to have the same glitches with my 08 folding top. A few years back, I bought a Chinese clone Tech II for about $500 with the XLR add on card. I think the are cheaper now. My ordinary ODBII would not reset the error codes. The clone Tech II. I replaced the battery, but probably didn’t need to. So far in the 7 years I’ve owned m XLR (24,000miles) I -never- had to replace any sensors but it took some horsing around, learning the vagaries of the top, including some manual closing. Because it has an exotic electrical system,The XLR drains the battery just sitting there. For my XLR the solution turned out to be keeping the battery as fully charged as possible. When I bought a genuine Battery Tender (Not a run of the mill trickle charger) and left it on my XLR until I drove it again, my top troubles and error codes went away. I also don’t fold my top when the temperature is less than 60 degrees. I live in Wyoming. The only time I drive it is when it is perfect convertible/collector car weather.

Did/could you reset the error codes with the same device you read the error codes with?

I got my top put on the diagnostic machine today and got 3 codes that showed up
B3665 FRONT TONNEAU POSITION ERROR
B3666 REAR TONNEAU POSITION ERROR
B 3971 FOLDING TOP POSITION SENSOR
I did have my battery die out for a short time and I think that is why I am getting these codes. Before I replaced the battery the top was working fine. Any idea on fixing these codes? Do I replace the two tonneau sensors? Where is the folding top sensor located at?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.