Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My XLR manual says the tranny is sealed and that there is no dipstick. Change the fluid according to when the book says to; it should be fine, long as it's not leaking.

·
Registered
2008 Platinum Cadillac XLR
4 Posts
I was having shifting problems and took my '08 to the local Cadillac dealer instead of driving 80 miles to my original dealer. They had to put it on a lift. The only way to check levels was to open a plug and see if any drained out, indicating it was full. Same procedure for comparable year Corvettes. They had to add almost a quart to fill it. Fixed my shifting issues and got a guy fired at my original dealership. I had asked them to have all the fluids/filters replaced and they did, "kinda not". My local shop has a trained XLR man who is very good! They just didn't have an XLR to sell me back when I was shopping. ;) The original dealer reimbursed me for the $95 labor charge at the local dealer. The local dealer didn't charge anything for the quart of transmission fluid. They are now my preferred service stop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was having shifting problems and took my '08 to the local Cadillac dealer instead of driving 80 miles to my original dealer. They had to put it on a lift. The only way to check levels was to open a plug and see if any drained out, indicating it was full. Same procedure for comparable year Corvettes. They had to add almost a quart to fill it. Fixed my shifting issues and got a guy fired at my original dealership. I had asked them to have all the fluids/filters replaced and they did, "kinda not". My local shop has a trained XLR man who is very good! They just didn't have an XLR to sell me back when I was shopping. ;) The original dealer reimbursed me for the $95 labor charge at the local dealer. The local dealer didn't charge anything for the quart of transmission fluid. They are now my preferred service stop.
Dang, I wish I had your XLR mechanic here in Kennewick, WA. No one here knows jack about these cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts