Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a transmission Hot message when I went to the track for lapping days. I don't do this often but it happened twice recently. The car runs hot on the track (Canadian car doesn't state temp.) about 3/4 of the dial and just under 1/2 normal driving. I got it the first time anf I went to the dealer to have the fluid and filter changed. I got it again and I am concerned. Mine is a 2006 5 speed base and I owned it for the past 6 years and it gas 60,000kms never happened before on a faster track. Can the cooling to the trans be improved? Am I causing major damage? I still want to take it to the track but can only run 10 laps on a 1.8 km road course before it gets hot. For now I keep it under 8 laps and let it cool before the Transmission Hot message appears. Any ideas on how to get it cool or is there a problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the highway 1/3 and just under half in hotter city driving. Fluids changed as per maintenance schedule or sooner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got this message once, around the 68K mark, when I was zipping up a mountain pass, and zipping past the semi's like they were standing still. As soon as I let off the speed, the temp went back to normal, so I just figured it was a combo of the heat + speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts