Cadillac XLR Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know where the pump is, the level is not that low, but added some fluid to it. top is still slow going up and down and so is the trunk, I have to help it close now. Thank you for the diagram, here is the spot where it is leaking from inside right next to the passenger's head rest, weird that there are no lines on the passenger side from t he diagram.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
9 Posts
After reading this post I ordered / received some new fluid for my 2005 XLR just to have on hand. The top and trunk work perfectly and have since I bought it in 2013. Thought I would check to see if I needed to add any fluid after seeing the horror storeis if what can happen if you let it get too low. It seems perhaps that the plastic has become opaque with age in that I cannot see the fluid level in it, or the level is too low to be observed. Have shined a pretty high intesity light from behind hoping for a shadow or something but still nothing. Have read in this very thread that overfilling is very bad as well so I do not want to just add some. Any ideas on how I can check the level if the site portal is indeed clouded? Open to all suggestions. Thanks. XLRated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
THERE ARE SEVERAL GOOD YOUTUBES ON REPLACING THE TOP CYLINDERS AND WHERE TO GET THEM EXCHANGED FOR A FAIR PRICE. THE SAME GUY ALSO HAS A YOUTUBE ON REPLACING THE MICRO SWITCHES AT ALL THE POINTS THAT CONTROLS THE TOP.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts