Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2008 XLR owner. Does anyone have a suggestion on increasing the throttle response? Mine seems to lag ... well, it lags more than I would like it to. I'm not into racing and mostly drive the posted speed limit. Just want better response when I step on the accelerator.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You can look at a cheap "tune" sold on ebay they claim hp gains and a bunch of nonsense for a few bucks. All they do is speed up the signal making you think when you barely touch the accelarator the xar has more power. Might be just what you want for 35-40$. I would be curious what is does to the already over sensitive distance control cruise. Most peopl find when the distance is set and you move over to pass, the car goes full throttle to resume your set speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can look at a cheap "tune" sold on ebay they claim hp gains and a bunch of nonsense for a few bucks. All they do is speed up the signal making you think when you barely touch the accelarator the xar has more power. Might be just what you want for 35-40$. I would be curious what is does to the already over sensitive distance control cruise. Most peopl find when the distance is set and you move over to pass, the car goes full throttle to resume your set speed.
Thank you Bion. I have already given this option a go and for all I can see it is only a light flashy thingy. Have not seen any performance change take place. I do appreciate your desire to offer some help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts