Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After, A long time and a lot of research I finally have my new wheels on the car. I am very happy with the look. Although, I may try to lower the backend a little, If I can do it as easily as my Corvette. I am still not sure, how to post a picture but I have created a subsite for my car and I have included the link. I wiil got some top down pics and some photos of my new exhaust tips very soon. Here is a link I still have some before photos.:cool

Link http://www.autoxtc.com/xlr.htm

I await everyones input.:party

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
nice choice! they really look great.:thumbs

the wheels are the only thing about the car I didn't
care for and my dealer has not been very helpful
please give us the specs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SPECS

The wheels are a three piece forged wheel built for the car they are 20x8.5 in the front and 20x9.5 in the rear. The tires are 245's in the front and 275 in the rear. I think they changed the whole look of the car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
nice choice! they really look great.

the wheels are the only thing about the car I didn't
care for and my dealer has not been very helpful
please give us the specs

Could not agree more with both statements!!

Looks REALLLLY good!

:party

·
Registered
535 Posts
As promised, pictures of wheels

After a long delay, my buddy has finally put new wheels on his XLR. He says that the pressure gauges still work and, since the circumference of the tires is the same, the computer and speedo still are accurate.

Here are the pictures I promised. Main one here, others in following posts. They're from a cell phone camers, so don't expect perfection.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
XLRXTC said:
After, A long time and a lot of research I finally have my new wheels on the car. I am very happy with the look. Although, I may try to lower the backend a little, If I can do it as easily as my Corvette. I am still not sure, how to post a picture but I have created a subsite for my car and I have included the link. I wiil got some top down pics and some photos of my new exhaust tips very soon. Here is a link I still have some before photos.:cool

Your new wheels look nice, but I prefer the look of the stock wheels. :cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
ctsvman,

I agree, the factory (OEM) wheels look great and the value will hold on our XLR's if they are in OEM condition. Just my opinon from a 50's to 60's car collector.

DFXLR

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Quixotic,
what is the tire and wheel size on this car???
thanks

After a long delay, my buddy has finally put new wheels on his XLR. He says that the pressure gauges still work and, since the circumference of the tires is the same, the computer and speedo still are accurate.

Here are the pictures I promised. Main one here, others in following posts. They're from a cell phone camers, so don't expect perfection.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The tires are 255 35 20
Wheels are 20 x 8.5
Speedo, tire pressure gage, other electronics work.
I'm told the tires/wheels specs are the same as for the Corvette.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Finally got my wheels on as well.
20x8.5 w/245 front
20x9.5 w/275 rear
(you absolutly cannot get anything wider on the rear)

For me it was a must have and it made the car!
...It looks fantastic and I would never consider not changing them

HOWEVER, while I knew I would give up some of the comfort in the ride
I was shocked at just how much. I can't describe or measure the difference,
but it was certainly much more than expected.
Something to seriously consider for those of you considering the move.

Stock tires/ Wheels for sale.....any interest???

·
Registered
21 Posts
XLRXTC said:

Very nice.. The car remains classy-looking...

·
Registered
2 Posts
1_XLR said:
Quixotic,
what is the tire and wheel size on this car???
thanks

What kind of wheels are those, they are the best ones I have seen yet :thumbs

·
Registered
535 Posts
escaladeONdubz,

The wheels on the thunder grey are MHT Foose Speedsters.

In SoCal, contact Mark at Tires Buy Mark at 818-992-0580 for a good price. Tell him Rich sent ya for wheels on your XLR!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts