Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told that the Standard Production (non-Neiman Marcus) XLRs are now shipping. Dealers who are getting the first Standard XLR orders should see vehicles very shortly.

The production levels are still approximately 5 XLRs per day.

·
Registered
96 Posts
TOMORROW

MY XLR BEING DELIVERED TOMORROW! YIPEE!

BTW, SPOKE TO THE SERVICE WRITER AT THE DEALERSHIP WHO HAS DRIVEN THE CAR. (NOT MINE) AND SAYS THAT THE ONLY PROBLEM I'LL HAVE IS FIGURING OUT ALL THE SETTINGS :D

GUESS HE THINKS I'M A DOPII:crazy

I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW WHEN I GET IT AND IF A 'HEAVY SET' (I.E. FAT) GUY IS COMFORTABLE.:seeya

:party :party :party

·
Registered
535 Posts
...and there are lots of settings! I've spent quite a bit of time ove the last two plus weeks or so, going through all the menus and still don't have it all figured out.
:nopity

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Quixotic, I've read through the Nav/Audio/Video owner's manual. I've also owned similar systems. If there are any questions you have, feel free to ask.

How are the HUD and Driver Information Center descriptions/instructions?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Very kind of you...

Actually my question involves the "personalization" acpect of the car, not the navigation.

When I leave the vehicle, it locks, arms and honks within a few seconds. I just want to have the lights flash, and I'd like more time before the vehicle locks and arms the alarm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
another "fat" guy

Paul, I was wondering how your frame fit and how your comfort level was after having the car a day or so. I too am a bit weight challenged...

Hope your enjoying the ride. Can't wait for mine.

:seeya

·
Registered
535 Posts
Once the car arrives at the dealer, it cannot be driven. It requires quite a bit of work. All you can do with the car is move it a bit, basically from the truck to the prep area.

I can't be technical but lots of things, like the suspension, is packed to be made unmoveable for shipping. In may case, the car arrived on Saturday morning and it couldn't be driven until Thursday. Some guy had to come out from the factory. So figure at least 2 days of look but no drive. I believe there is some programming also done at that time.

All this has to happen before you get your thrills. Beter I tell you now, then you hear it when the car arrives and you're ready to take it for a spin.

My dealer told me it would take three days long before it arrived, so I was not surprised when I couldn't drive it.

I am curious though... if someone from the factory comes out to prep every car, or just the Neiman Marcus cars to train dealer people. If that's the case, who trains all the dealers who didn't get NM cars? I do know people from every dealer went to training on the XLRs some time ago, but the guy from the factory still came out to prep our car.

I'd be interested to hear what your dealer tells you about all of this.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quixotic, I believe the personalization options you are looking for are in the Driver Information Center (DIC) information section of the owner's manual. I'm at somewhat of a disadvantage not having a copy of that yet.

There should be a section on setting the options of the keyless system.

·
Registered
535 Posts
So I took a few moments to step through the settings and it was a piece of cake to turn off the horn. Manuals, who needs 'em!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was it just a matter of going up and down through the options on the information center? What options are there (for those of us who are XLR-challenged until later this year)?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Delays and Stories

After receiving a number of "different" stories as to why my XLR isn't here yet even though "it has been shipped", I called Cadillac and got the actual information.

My XLR was produced the first week of September but as of this time has not been shipped yet. They don't know why the delay of 6 weeks because of being located in Michigan, but have now opened a file and given me the number of same so that I can call in and get further information.

At this moment, I am not a "Happy Camper." My anticipation has been "dashed" several times now and is not a "pleasant" feeling.

Hope no one else has to go through this.

I'll keep up to date when I either receive or get any additional information.

Paul:banghead

·
Registered
535 Posts
In addition to your Personal Assistant, another clue as to actual delivery is that the XLR will arrive aproximately 10 days after the dealer gets the invoice. So ask your dealer if he has the invoice yet. I'm guessing, from your comments above, no.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another update from the Unhappy Camper

Spoke to Cadillac today (again) and they told me again that my vehicle has been produced (first week of September) but has not yet been shipped because all of the XLR's produced at that time are awaiting some type of "inspection."

Anyone have any idea as to what happened to that "batch?"

Oh well, nothing more I can do at this time, but still not happy.

Paul:(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Additional Information

Just received some additional information.

Have been given the VIN # on my XLR.

1g6yv34a845600740

Can anyone tell me what if any information that I can glean from this number?

Paul:confused

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can do a little bit of extrapolation from the VIN in this thread:
http://www.xlrforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=264

If VIN: 1G6YV34A845600365 was really delivered on 10/5/03 as claimed on ebay and if XLR production is indeed 70 a week, then you are about a month away, everything else being equal (no stops on a particular color, etc).

Let's see, 740-365 is 375. 375 / 70 is about 5 weeks. We are already past the 10/12, so that is 4 weeks left.

Other than that I don't know what else the VIN will tell you. Of course all the math is pure speculation since the XLRs aren't necessarily delivered in sequential order. Any holds will also change delivery dates.

·
Registered
535 Posts
There is no reason to get excited until your dealer gets an invoice. Once that happens, you are home free and the countdown begins... 10-9-8-7-6...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: Additional Information

paulr44 said:
Just received some additional information.

Have been given the VIN # on my XLR.

1g6yv34a845600740

Can anyone tell me what if any information that I can glean from this number?

Paul:confused
Paul,
1= US Produced 34= RESTRAINT= FEDERAL REQUIRED
G= GM A= ENGINE CODE= 320 HP V8
6= CADILLAC 8= CHECK DIGIT= VARIES
Y= BODY= CHASSIS 4= VEHICLE YEAR= 2004
V= MODEL= XLR 5= PLANT-= BOWLING GREEN

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: Re: Additional Information

Mr XLR said:
Paul,
1= US Produced 34= RESTRAINT= FEDERAL REQUIRED
G= GM A= ENGINE CODE= 320 HP V8
6= CADILLAC 8= CHECK DIGIT= VARIES
Y= BODY= CHASSIS 4= VEHICLE YEAR= 2004
V= MODEL= XLR 5= PLANT-= BOWLING GREEN

6= build sequence number= 600740 = 740 XLR produced including all test fleet vehicles since the begining of the year.

Sorry I had neglected to finish the rest,
Allen

1 - 20 of 20 Posts