Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of us that missed new mexico ...I picked this up on another site......



Hello Everybody!
As everybody here knows I have been working on our next big meet! I have been talking with Reed (ctsvett) for several months. I also called on D3 to be a part of this event! They were kind enough to host the event. I also have been working with Allen Cadillac, MHT Wheels and Vogue Tyre on supporting this event. Should be a great event and lots of fun! We are expecting a great turn out and would love to see 75-100 Cadillacs.This will also be D3's Open House event.

I also Hired a Auto Photographer to shoot the event! He will have a portfolio to view and will be taking appointments for those of you who are interested in having a shoot of your ride!!

SoCal Cadillac Meet Hosted by D3

Event details
Date: July 15th, 2006
Time: 12:00 noon
Location:
D3
2829 Gundry Ave
Signal Hill, CA 90755
562-988-2090
www.d3cadillac.com

Also supporting this Event will be:
Allen Cadillac
MHT Wheels
Vogue Tyre

Food and refreshments will be served.

Please RSVP by e-mailing me ([email protected]) or James ([email protected]).

Feel free to pass this on to other Cadillac Owners in socal.

Please note that we have our own dedicated sub-forum on cadillacforums.com www.cadillacforums.com/forums/club-cts-forum/

As well, a calendar at www.clubcts.com where you can view upcoming events.

David -

p.s. For those of you coming from Orange County, I will be at South Coast plaza at 11:00am. We can meet there and caravan to D3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
So Cal Meet

Thanks for the link. Sounds like a great opportunity to get the so cal XLR owners together again. I plan to attend:cheers
 
G

·
Back from Albuquerque

Sure beats driving all the way to New Mexico but Hans and I did take her up to the limiter at 158 mph, twice, and 90 on the lower end of the Vegas strip, killing a 349 Ferrari..................However, Victorville, Ca helicopter caught us on the way in and the ground cop gave me a ticket for 1011 miph, that's right, 1011 mph. I know what he meant to right which was 101 but he didn't write that. I wonder if I can get that one thrown out? Will post seperate about the trip.
Bob


xlrjim said:
Thanks for the link. Sounds like a great opportunity to get the so cal XLR owners together again. I plan to attend:cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
standby said:
Sure beats driving all the way to New Mexico but Hans and I did take her up to the limiter at 158 mph, twice, and 90 on the lower end of the Vegas strip, killing a 349 Ferrari..................However, Victorville, Ca helicopter caught us on the way in and the ground cop gave me a ticket for 1011 miph, that's right, 1011 mph. I know what he meant to right which was 101 but he didn't write that. I wonder if I can get that one thrown out? Will post seperate about the trip.
Bob
don't know how fast you were going....but 101 ticket is a slap in the face!
just getting you over that 100 mark which is a 2 point misdemeanor.
I would sure try to have it thrown out at 1011
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
xlrjim said:
Thanks for the link. Sounds like a great opportunity to get the so cal XLR owners together again. I plan to attend:cheers
I plan to be there as well.......

Mike
Good afternoon. I hope more than a few of you show.
Please rsvp here also on the forum refer people to this site to rsvp. clubcts.com

Call me if you have any questions

David Cashion
Cadillac Sales
949-310-5115
[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Thrown out!

standby said:
Sure beats driving all the way to New Mexico but Hans and I did take her up to the limiter at 158 mph, twice, and 90 on the lower end of the Vegas strip, killing a 349 Ferrari..................However, Victorville, Ca helicopter caught us on the way in and the ground cop gave me a ticket for 1011 miph, that's right, 1011 mph. I know what he meant to right which was 101 but he didn't write that. I wonder if I can get that one thrown out? Will post seperate about the trip.
Bob
I'll bet not. Not that I'm getting in your business, standby. But I would hire an attorney and do one of those "nolo contendre" plea bargains, and try to get it dropped from your record. Between that "1011" mph ticket and the accident last year, you may have trouble getting insurance....if that stays on your record!

At least that's how it would work in Texas. Two hickeys and "Bam!" Your insurance company drops you here.

But what a way to get a ticket, eh?
 
G

·
Appreciate all the advice I can get Aviator, but in Ca. if you don't have a moving violation on your record in the last 18 months, you can spend a Saturday in driving class (inside)...........boring, and you don't get the points and it doesn't show on your DMV read out. I will be getting a lawyer just to look over the ticket and see if we can get it dismissed for erroneous information............couldn't hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
standby said:
Appreciate all the advice I can get Aviator, but in Ca. if you don't have a moving violation on your record in the last 18 months, you can spend a Saturday in driving class (inside)...........boring, and you don't get the points and it doesn't show on your DMV read out. I will be getting a lawyer just to look over the ticket and see if we can get it dismissed for erroneous information............couldn't hurt.
:nodno you can't get traffic school on over 100, and it's a two pointer, just like an accident is.

In Kings county, over 100 is an automatic DL suspension
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Good Luck with the ticket

standby said:
Damn, I think I better get that lawyer
Do you have a radar detector?

It's a great investment if you have an inclination for three digit speeds (like me).
 
G

·
Yes, I have a Valentine-one in all my vehicles, which saved us 3 times on our trip to Albuquerque, but that damn helo was so high the detector wouldn't pick it up. Hans noticed it about a mile off the highway and we decounted it because it was so far away.WRONG CHOICE. I usually run at 85 no matter what the posted speed limit on the freeways, so I don't think I'll be running up in those numbers in this life time, especially in Victorville, CA.
aviator said:
Do you have a radar detector?

It's a great investment if you have an inclination for three digit speeds (like me).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
Most of the choppers are not running radar, they "pace", a very effective techinique recognized by most of the state's traffic courts.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
Not sure if they still do it the same way, but in the old days it was the chopper that did the pacing. They used fixed objects of a known distance apart and timed you as you pass them. They then crunch the numbers and radio to a ground unit who issued the citation. Both the patrol officer and the spotter are required in court. With the new laser guns, it only takes a split second to determine a vehicles speed from just about any angle, moving or stationary.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
You may try calling the court of record first (number on the ticket). Find out if an appearance is required, most courts require you to appear for anything over 100 mph, unfortunately that is the break point. Were you cited for the basic 22350 or the specific-for-100 and above 22348(b)?

The best way to tackle speeding tickets in CA is to request a Trial by Declaration, but you will need to check with the court clerk first to see if you can in this case.
 
G

·
Unfortunately its the 22348 (b) Wouldn't you spend the money for an attorney if you where never in law enforcement?
I haven't had any tickets for 3 years and the 5 mile an hour crunch last 4th of July that no officer was involved, but I did send in notification to DMV that I had an accident with damage at $9,576 and only a steel chrome bumper for the other guy, with no injuries.

mswaim said:
You may try calling the court of record first (number on the ticket). Find out if an appearance is required, most courts require you to appear for anything over 100 mph, unfortunately that is the break point. Were you cited for the basic 22350 or the specific-for-100 and above 22348(b)?

The best way to tackle speeding tickets in CA is to request a Trial by Declaration, but you will need to check with the court clerk first to see if you can in this case.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
It's a tough call Bob, I've been out of the business since '97 involved now in the private sector, but I still have many friends in the business. They tell me it is really up to the court of record, some are more leniant than others. Speed has become a big issue in CA, thanks to the Ricer crowd and their love for street racing.

Chippies (I assume it was a CHP officer who cited you) love their plus 100 citations so consulting with an attorney would most likely be prudent, but then again, you can try the Trial by Declaration first. If you don't have luck there, you can always move to a Trial de Novo. Bottom line - the world revolves around money. An average traffic cop will pull down about $300-$400 for an appearance for a traffic ticket. He will get nothing for filling out a Trial by Declaration form since there is no OT. Gee, which one do you think he will take seriously?????? Follow these links and do a Google search to learn what you can, the section you were cited for is a serious violation that can lead to very serious consequences since some insurance companies will drop you for a single violation of that section.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/tr200.pdf

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/fillable/tr220.pdf

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/fillable/tr205.pdf

Sorry for any typos, blame the Pacificos. :cheers
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top