Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a problem with my XLR top when it comes down. The small rear window on the passenger side doesn’t fall right, or it doesn’t align right so when it falls it actually gets on top of the rubber around. Then the window won’t close and I have to push in the small rear window in order to get the passenger door window to close. Has this happened to anyone? Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
I’m having a problem with my XLR top when it comes down. The small rear window on the passenger side doesn’t fall right, or it doesn’t align right so when it falls it actually gets on top of the rubber around. Then the window won’t close and I have to push in the small rear window in order to get the passenger door window to close. Has this happened to anyone? Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Sure can!! This happens to many XLR's so don't worry.

First take your finger and run it in the crack where the window is supposed to go. What you are trying to do is to push the outside rubber seal back into position on the top of the fender and open up the space for the window.

Once it is opened up apply some rubber lube to the area where the window goes and try the top again. Hopefully this will correct the problem.

I have made it a habit to periodically reseat both rubber seals.

IF the problem isn't resolved, there is a small rod that can be carefully adjusted to change where the window ends up. if you are uncomfortable doing this take the car to the dealer and have them do it.

Regards

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thank you very much! I have tried to put that rubber back into place but after a while it does it goes crazy again.

I’m going to see if I can locate that rod and see if I could change the position a little bit.

Thanks you very much again!

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Open your top partially. You will see a small rod that has a retaining clip on it and a locking nut. Before you start, mark the location in the rod and the locking nut. Then break the locking nut loose and then remove the clip and shorten the rod only a small amount and reinstall the clip. Once it is adjusted where you want it relock the nut.

BEFORE YOU DO THIS THOUGH, I would reseat the rubber wing window insulation, lube it and leave the top up with the window properly seated and leave it in the sun for extended periods (days) to see if it will stay where it is intended.

I hope it works for you.

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine did the same thing, I left the top down for an afternoon with some wood wedges stuck in between the inner and outer weatherstrips to force it back into position and it worked perfectly, hasn't gotten stuck since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Open your top partially. You will see a small rod that has a retaining clip on it and a locking nut. Before you start, mark the location in the rod and the locking nut. Then break the locking nut loose and then remove the clip and shorten the rod only a small amount and reinstall the clip. Once it is adjusted where you want it relock the nut.

BEFORE YOU DO THIS THOUGH, I would reseat the rubber wing window insulation, lube it and leave the top up with the window properly seated and leave it in the sun for extended periods (days) to see if it will stay where it is intended.

I hope it works for you.

Jerry

I know this may not be answered as this is an old post, but I miss aligned my small window today and I can see exactly two threads have move. I can not figure out how to get that rod out. Can you break it down for a dummy who ruined his top today?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts