Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Transmission Serviced Due to Reported Problem

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Transmission Repair/Replacement

Votes: 2 9.1%
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
G

·
I don't understand what being an arbitrator has to do with lemoning a vehicle that by all rights you should have been paid every dime you spent on that vehicle less the mileage.
You could have not come close to a deal such as this by dealing with a dealer.
I lemoned an 04 and when all was said and done, It cost me $5,000 more for an 06-V
Bobo
No I did not...Because I am a lemon law arbitrator and I would had to drive a long way to another arbitrator that didn't know me.
The dealer made a deal that would have been the same.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I drove my '05 XLR this weekend from Jacksonville to Orlando. I experience this around the 85 mph range. If I keep a non-constant single speed there does not seem to be an issue - however at intermittent times around 85 mph while I keep it steady it seems to 'slip' or 'bog'. When I get off the gas or back on the gas it goes away.

I am going into the shope tomorrow before a trip to Miami on Wednesday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update

Well did finally get back in the shop and I understand from the dealer that in fact a bulletin just came out on the not engaging in drive or a delay of more then 2 seconds, in my case 5. They once again upgraded the software today for this issue, which was issued for 2004 XLR (which is nine) and a few others like CTS. I will know in the morning as I take off to go to work!:nopity

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, well they said just came out, however as I look at old postings, looks like it came out in 2005? oh well, if it works it all dosent matter?

UPDATE: Well no mater when it came out, it worked! Very happy XLR dude!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, I am not getting a warm a fuzzy with a fix based on the thread. It is strange, once a day in the morning, not cold just about 55 or 60! California!!! Oh well, I will bring back in durring the week. All other shifting is fine
I'm seeing the same thing on my 2004. I can back out of the garage just fine, then put it in drive and there's 2-5 seconds of what I'd call a seriously slipping clutch if it was a stick. Doesn't happen below 40-45 degrees or much over 55-60. One time I wound it up to about 3000 rpm before it engaged -- so abruptly that it chirped the tires.

Dealer's never heard of this, and of course it won't happen for them. But I see it on first startup any day the temperature's in the range.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bulletin Number ???

Update

Well did finally get back in the shop and I understand from the dealer that in fact a bulletin just came out on the not engaging in drive or a delay of more then 2 seconds, in my case 5. They once again upgraded the software today for this issue, which was issued for 2004 XLR (which is nine) and a few others like CTS. I will know in the morning as I take off to go to work!:nopity
Do we have a specific Bulletin Number for this?

Anyone? Ken, is it one of the three you mentioned earlier in the thead?

Thanks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bulletins for your rear-end

Do we have a specific Bulletin Number for this?

Anyone? Ken, is it one of the three you mentioned earlier in the thead?

Thanks.
Ben,

I'd have to refer the question about the three bulletins over to Bruce. I couldn't decipher them good enough to determine if they were applicable.

Also, under other thread, there was a new bulletin for a new fluid to take care of the "clunk" issue: http://www.xlrforum.com/showthread.php?p=29064#post29064

Ken

·
Registered
12 Posts
BoughtTheXLR

The only information I have is what is on the work order, however not sure if it will help. I don't have the bulletin number however it states, Reprogram PCM
Code 11Bc9

This did eliminate the problem on my 2004. Hope this helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
When shifting from 1-2 under fairly brisk acceleration, mine (05' XLR 40K miles)is making a "squeek" Sometimes it is barely perceptable over the sound of the engine. It is never very loud. Yesterday I had the top down, and it was much more noticeable. It doesn't do it all the time, but it doesn't matter if it is cold or warm. Anyone else have a similar malaise, or know what it might be?

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have same problem. On start up, goes into reverse ok, but when I put it in drive, it takes several seconds for the trans to engage. help please.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have same problem. On start up, goes into reverse ok, but when I put it in drive, it takes several seconds for the trans to engage. help please.
I had exactly the same problem with my 04, on cold startups on cool mornings. I'd back out of the garage, and after shifting into drive it was like I had a stick with a badly slipping clutch. Dealer did a transmission software update and that solved the problem. I'd tell you the info from the service ticket, but I handed them off when I traded for an 08.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts