Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, The Service Tire Monitor warning came up on the dashboard on a recent long freeway jaunt from Sacramento to San Jose. The car is a 2005 that I have owned since 2013 and it has 97K miles on it. Put new tires on it in 2016 from Americas Tire and at that time the they asked if I wanted the TPMS sensors renewed and I decided against it. Even though that was 5 years ago the tires only have maybe 2k miles on them since and are in great shape. It does not surprise me that the 16 year old sensors need servicing / replacement so my question is, would it be better to trust the tire place (they do all my other cars) to properly replace the sensors, or should I trust the Cadillac dealer to remove and remount the tires? Thanks! XLRated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree. use the tire store .Even if they use an aftermarket sensor they use one that works for them that they can stand behind. Also that is an easy estimate they both can give you I guess the tire shop will be 125$ less

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank Robert and Bion for responding. The plan was to get a quote and you to reinforced how important that was. America's tire quoted $302.20 and Cadillac quoted $800 flat. A delta of nearly $500. This decision was easier than I thought. Thanks again. XLRated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update. Just got the job done at America's Tire. They did it right in that all the sensors work, they found / fixed a leak, rotated the tires, and all for the price they said they would. My XLR is happy again and so too am I. Thanks again folks for your advice. XLRated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, all fellow members whose cars are not supported by GM!

My 2005 car's "SVC Tire Monitor" signal came on. Is there a way for me to determine
which, if any, sensor is involved? Also, if all the tire monitors are OK, is there a way to
troubleshoot what might be causing that signal??

Thanks . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts