Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an issue... My XLR is running rich and smells like gas with a ruff idle. The battery drains like most others if not used for 5 days like everyone elses too. If the battery is dead then charged the car seems to run fine right off the bat but then starts to run rich with the poor idle issue. My buddy doesnt have a GM tech 2 with a CANDI unit so we are wondering if there is anything we might try before we go looking for help elsewhere?

Chris

·
Registered
69 Posts
battery failure

My 04 has sat for over 3 weeks and the battery still had enough power to easily start the car.

Don't know why you think it is running rich. The only fuel air mixture adjustments are computer controlled. The dealer can easily check the computer for evidence of it running rich.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Battery Failure

Have had no battery problems with my 04 XLR. Has sat for more than a month a few times. Has always started.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sensor - Catalytic Convertor

Mine has had similar problems (rough idle). It went in the shop a month ago with rough idle and check engine light. They claimed it was a bad oxygen sensor that was reading wrong (that the exhaust was too rich) and then cutting back on fuel, so that I was running on only 4-5 sylinders.

They replaced the sensor, but after picking the car up, the check engine light was still on, although the car seemed to run fine.

I took it back in 2 weeks ago (they still have it). The story is now that the catalytic convertor is bad and they are waiting on a backordered replacement (no ETA yet). I also need an emissions exam before I can renew my registration for VA.

Oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts