Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to find some place that knows what their doing not just part changers ilive in central east coast florida

·
Registered
1 Posts
need to find some place that knows what their doing not just part changers ilive in central east coast florida
FWIW, ours was under water at one point. I drained it out and dried it all. Lucked out and had no issues. I did double the size of the drain hole and added a second after that and haven't had the water issue since (about 3 years).

·
Registered
40 Posts
did you get it repaired? I have top modules . I have never seen one dried out that was wet that worked.. unless it is in a flood and you dont power it up , take it out the day or so after it gets wet and dry it . its going to be shot. If you try and power it up after getting wet it will corrupt the chip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you get it repaired? I have top modules . I have never seen one dried out that was wet that worked.. unless it is in a flood and you dont power it up , take it out the day or so after it gets wet and dry it . its going to be shot. If you try and power it up after getting wet it will corrupt the chip.
Got new box now told pump no good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Found new module now told pump no good

·
Registered
5 Posts
same thing on mine going to try top hydraulics to get another pump and I’m gonna go ahead and redo the lines and everything it’s going to cost me over $2000 but it’s better than the dealership charging me $4000 top hydraulics shows you how to take the pump out and put another one in on YouTube and they make a better pump with better seals and they recommend you used Mercedes Benz oil it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts