Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
i read one about the V before and they said all good things about it but is the cadillac buyer will to pay 6 figures for it.




Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Hi Hans and other forum members

This is my first post as a new member, but have been following this forum for over a year. Didn't join before because had nothing to contribute.

The R&T test results follow: 0-60 4.3sec; 0-100 10.4; 1/4 mile 12.7 sec @ 111.8 mph. Braking from: 60 - 123 ft; 80 - 220 ft.

This is not a full road test, but more of a short, update type road test and most of the other info has already been covered on this site and other tests.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Sorry about that Harry. I just clicked on Road and Track and saw V and thought that was it. The must not put the current articles online for a month or so. And I was planning on coming home tonight to read it. Guess I have to wait even longer than you.
 
G

·
Hey big Kahuna,
I'm assuming the test was on a XLR-V? I'd love to believe this because it would support my feeling as an old drag strip nut that this car is faster than most people think. I would love to find a performance shop that would build me one of those massive intakes like you can buy for the Vette. If 4.3 is correct, we could get maybe slip into the 3's with that intake & exhaust...........It's probably bogus and I'm just wishful thinking.
Bob....................By the way welcome. See you did have something t add to the forum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Yes Bob, it is the XLR-V that is in the June issue of R&T, ...and it is 4.3 to 60! As a regular reader of R&T I do notice that there is quite a lag between the magazine release and the corrosponding info on their website. Maybe this is a ploy to sell more magazines, but I usually forget to follow-up on their site for additional photos, etc because of this.

Thanks for the welcome Kahuna (Jon in PA)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kahuna said:
Yes Bob, it is the XLR-V that is in the June issue of R&T, ...and it is 4.3 to 60! As a regular reader of R&T I do notice that there is quite a lag between the magazine release and the corrosponding info on their website. Maybe this is a ploy to sell more magazines, but I usually forget to follow-up on their site for additional photos, etc because of this.

Thanks for the welcome Kahuna (Jon in PA)
Thanks for the info Kahuna, compared to the C&D and Motortrend they show up with the best numbers.
4.3 0-60 that`s vrooooommmmmm:thumbs

I´ll get my stock XLR from 0-100 kph (62 miles) in 5.5 well, not bad I think.

You are very welcomed from me too.

Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
standby said:
Hey big Kahuna,
I'm assuming the test was on a XLR-V? I'd love to believe this because it would support my feeling as an old drag strip nut that this car is faster than most people think. I would love to find a performance shop that would build me one of those massive intakes like you can buy for the Vette. If 4.3 is correct, we could get maybe slip into the 3's with that intake & exhaust...........It's probably bogus and I'm just wishful thinking.
Bob....................By the way welcome. See you did have something t add to the forum
Bob, you allways were right when you said the car feels a lot stronger than these test numbers of Car&Driver. I believe you:cheers

Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
G

·
Trust

Kahuna, Hans as you can see, is from Germany, we excuse him for his english, because most of us can't even speak German, but he is one stellar guy. We made a deal for rims last month. To show you my faith in Hans, He sent me a check with big numbers and I sent the rims the same day...........Now that's trust.
Sometimes we have to call him PVT Shcultz, but it's all in fun:seeya :seeya :seeya
Bob

Kahuna said:
Yes Bob, it is the XLR-V that is in the June issue of R&T, ...and it is 4.3 to 60! As a regular reader of R&T I do notice that there is quite a lag between the magazine release and the corrosponding info on their website. Maybe this is a ploy to sell more magazines, but I usually forget to follow-up on their site for additional photos, etc because of this.

Thanks for the welcome Kahuna (Jon in PA)




 
G

·
I've whipped some pretty powerful cars lately and with ease. When someone starts playing with me, I usually show them what there up against and they back off from wanting to play. It's really effective from ground zero and once they see it take off, they lag back at the next light. I have run across some guys that don't believe.........................They do now.:cheers



harrysxlr said:
Bob, you allways were right when you said the car feels a lot stronger than these test numbers of Car&Driver. I believe you:cheers

Hans




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol
standby said:
I've whipped some pretty powerful cars lately and with ease. When someone starts playing with me, I usually show them what there up against and they back off from wanting to play. It's really effective from ground zero and once they see it take off, they lag back at the next light. I have run across some guys that don't believe.........................They do now.:cheers



Bob, just a few cars are able to do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and the driver you are might can make it even a tick faster. I don`t trust this car-testers in some magazins, seems to me like if they don`t like a specific car maker they`ll give him worse numbers in their tests. But it`s the same here in Germany!

Is this a terrible english Colonel Clinic?????::lol :lol :lol

:seeya in tomorrow one month:yesnod

Hasta la Vegas

Hans (Pvt Schultz)



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
G

·
It''s not so bad. It's just that you get some words in the wrong order and I wanted to explain to the new guy, That's my Pvt Schultz. Don't you ever worry about it. I can't write in German without using a translator. So now whose the dummy. dah! I think it's Colonial Clinc

harrysxlr said:
:lol
standby said:
I've whipped some pretty powerful cars lately and with ease. When someone starts playing with me, I usually show them what there up against and they back off from wanting to play. It's really effective from ground zero and once they see it take off, they lag back at the next light. I have run across some guys that don't believe.........................They do now.:cheers



Bob, just a few cars are able to do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and the driver you are might can make it even a tick faster. I don`t trust this car-testers in some magazins, seems to me like if they don`t like a specific car maker they`ll give him worse numbers in their tests. But it`s the same here in Germany!

Is this a terrible english Colonel Clinic?????::lol :lol :lol

:seeya in tomorrow one month:yesnod

Hasta la Vegas

Hans (Pvt Schultz)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
standby said:
It''s not so bad. It's just that you get some words in the wrong order and I wanted to explain to the new guy, That's my Pvt Schultz. Don't you ever worry about it. I can't write in German without using a translator. So now whose the dummy. dah! I think it's Colonial Clinc

harrysxlr said:
lol lol lol I know this Bob, but you could read everything I´ve written and that`s FANTASTIC.:glol :glol :glol

Oh I´ve got mail
see ya
Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
G

·
June Road & Track & Motor Trend numbers

OK, 0-60 numbers in order of fastest from the latest issues of R&T & MT.

Ford GT----------------3.8
Z06 Corvette-----------4.1
XLR-V------------------4.3
Hennessey Viper--------4.3
Lingenfelter Corvette----4.3 (Twin Turbo)

I''ll run in this mix anytime:rant Which one would rather drive for comfort and speed?





harrysxlr said:
Bob, you allways were right when you said the car feels a lot stronger than these test numbers of Car&Driver. I believe you:cheers

Hans
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
standby said:
OK, 0-60 numbers in order of fastest from the latest issues of R&T & MT.

Ford GT----------------3.8
Z06 Corvette-----------4.1
XLR-V------------------4.3
Hennessey Viper--------4.3
Lingenfelter Corvette----4.3 (Twin Turbo)

I''ll run in this mix anytime:rant Which one would rather drive for comfort and speed?

I haven't seen the article ...is this a stock V?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
1_XLR said:
I haven't seen the article ...is this a stock V?
Yup, stock as far as I know
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top