Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in paying some money to get their ECU reprogrammed so it can get better performance? I have some people looking into it for me so i was just wondering if anyone else would be interested?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think everyone is interested in improving performance.

The key is what is the cost and what result can be expected.

Keep us posted on what you find :flag

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree with Jackwells. Keep us posted because if it makes sense I'm a player. I know someone else mentioned all the parts are available off the shelf for a super charger but GM will not release the codes for the computer. If this is the same info you will need it could be problematic.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree with Jackwells. Keep us posted because if it makes sense, I'm a player. I know someone else mentioned all the parts are available off the shelf for a super charger but GM will not release the codes for the computer. If this is the same info you will need it could be problematic.

G

·
Got to watch that trigger finger upstate or are you using a machine gun to post.

Bob

upstate said:
I agree with Jackwells. Keep us posted because if it makes sense, I'm a player. I know someone else mentioned all the parts are available off the shelf for a super charger but GM will not release the codes for the computer. If this is the same info you will need it could be problematic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just spoke the guy and he said he has the right engineer trying to figure it out. He told me to give him a couple of days.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey if we could reprogram and pick up benefits I would just plead ignorance at the dealer if they somehow figured it out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can get a Hypertech or Diablo and make quite a few adjustments, but the engine is already pretty good as is, there isn't a lot of horsepower sitting idle in it short of forced induction.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think Hypertech makes anyhting for our car and I don't know what a Diablo is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts