Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my battery with brand new battery On my 04XLR and all the power lights come on the headlights come on the stereo come on everything comes on but when I press the start button it clicks as if though the battery is still dead am I missing something please advise

·
Registered
59 Posts
sounds like a bad battery cable or at least a bad connection. could be the battery ground to body /engine that is if the new battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sounds like a bad battery cable or at least a bad connection. could be the battery ground to body /engine that is if the new battery is fully charged.
Have to confirm previous reply, trouble is a bad connection either with Battery cables themselves or a bad engine ground. The Northstar engine block is aluminum and engine grounding is notorious difficult. Make sure all connections are clean and tight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently replaced my battery with brand new battery On my 04XLR and all the power lights come on the headlights come on the stereo come on everything comes on but when I press the start button it clicks as if though the battery is still dead am I missing something please advise
You have most likely figured out your issue by now but I offer this...I replaced battery in my 04 few months ago, there was enuf juice to light up everything but not to start..turns out when I tested the new battery it came up @ 10.4 volts...turns out it had a bad cell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts