Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI, a licence plate fits real nice behind the front plastic mesh in the bumper. i simply drilled two small holes in a plastic bracket back there for a plastic zip tie on each upper corner of the license plate. still readaable by law. having a hoist helps with installing. annual sticker can still be put on thru removeable cruise control window.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
:picture

If possible would sure like to see a picture of you license plate installation. I have only seen one XLR with the GM plate holder and didn't care for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Lic. Plate

I would also like to see a photo or two of your install.
I got a warning ticket yesterday because I did not have the front plate on my car.. :confused

I can't bring myself to drill the front bumper to hold the plate. :banghead

Does anyone know if you put the plate over the lower grill if the car will run to hot?

Is the grill there just for looks? With the very small holes in it it could not let that much air in to cool the motor.

Blaise
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
License Plate Blocking Lower Air Intake * DONT*

The XLR's needs a constant air flow for the engine, the upper grille is just for show and allows no air for the engine to breathe. Not only would you run the risk of the engine running hotter than normal, you would be disturbing the correct air flow fuel mix.

I dont care for the front bracket either, but the air will simply pass behind the plate.

www.CadillacXLR-V.com

Thank you
Allen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Living in So. Cal I had to have the front plate on because of all the Cities that have red light cameras they will stop you if you don't have the plate.
That said I sawed off 1/4 of an inch from top and bottom and put it flat agaist the lower grill with two small nuts and bolts.

I have had the car since Nov 2003 and it has never run hot even in the summer in the Palm Springs area.

When the sun comes up later I will post a picture today.


Terry
 
G

·
I hope you put it on the side that doesn't have the radar in it for the ACC.:nono :nono

Terry Fiskin said:
Living in So. Cal I had to have the front plate on because of all the Cities that have red light cameras they will stop you if you don't have the plate.
That said I sawed off 1/4 of an inch from top and bottom and put it flat agaist the lower grill with two small nuts and bolts.

I have had the car since Nov 2003 and it has never run hot even in the summer in the Palm Springs area.

When the sun comes up later I will post a picture today.


Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
standby said:
I hope you put it on the side that doesn't have the radar in it for the ACC.:nono :nono
I have no problems with ACC or heat.


I have the picture-- but I can't seem to ket it pasted to this post. Iwill keep trying

Terry

The pictue is in the gallery
 
G

·
I was referring to the Adaptive cruise control (ACC) It's behind one of those plasitic peices in your lower grill. If you cover the wrong one you will have problems with your cruise control. SEE?

Terry Fiskin said:
I have no problems with ACC or heat.


I have the picture-- but I can't seem to ket it pasted to this post. Iwill keep trying

Terry




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
G

·
:iagree Your plate is in the middle if I see correctly and that shouldn't interfere with the radar for the ACC.
harrysxlr said:
It is on the left side(from inside the car)!
Bob, you know I have the big license plate on for my KT-XL-888:glol and all works fine.

Hans
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top