Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just acquired an XLR-V 2006 and when I took delivery I heard a grinding noise from the rear end that I didn't notice on my test drive. Needless to say I was upset. I found out from the dealer that it is a common problem and that most likely the rear end differential fluid needs to be changed and replaced with another fluid and additive. My concern is that, will this be the fix and will it last or is it something more serious and is a major issue.
Looking for comments or any advice.
Thanks, Bob

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Hello,
I just acquired an XLR-V 2006 and when I took delivery I heard a grinding noise from the rear end that I didn't notice on my test drive. Needless to say I was upset. I found out from the dealer that it is a common problem and that most likely the rear end differential fluid needs to be changed and replaced with another fluid and additive. My concern is that, will this be the fix and will it last or is it something more serious and is a major issue.
Looking for comments or any advice.
Thanks, Bob
Welcome!!

Go to the Technical Section>Rear End and you will be able to read all of he experiences regarding rear end noises and solutions.

Most all were corrected with a GM fluid change and in some instances positraction additive.

Please post how your experience turns out.

Regards

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have the same problem with one of my two 2006 XLR vs. They're apparently is a notification from GM about this. My dealer changed the fluid and added the additive recommended, it still makes the same noise I understand it's in the clutch plates related to the traction feature, and can be caused from letting the car sit a lot. Hoping it will quit with fluid changes. Was told by a mechanic in Dalton Georgia when passing through that if you back the car up in a figure 8 pattern on a big parking lot that this can alleviate the problem. Have not tried that yet but plan to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts