Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I'm going down on a hill but especially when I go into my condo at a slow speed I hear a creaking noise from the rear of the car?

I am also getting the service stabilitrak message appearing on & off but not coming on again after I turn off the car. Then when Im driving for alittle bit it seems to come on which it never used to do but now its been coming on more often?

If anyone has any information regarding this it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You are not alone. I got the same issue and the car is going to the stealer very soon. Also today, I started to have a gasoline smell inside the car. I suspect the gas cap but it might be something else.

SilverX

Everytime I'm going down on a hill but especially when I go into my condo at a slow speed I hear a creaking noise from the rear of the car?

I am also getting the service stabilitrak message appearing on & off but not coming on again after I turn off the car. Then when Im driving for alittle bit it seems to come on which it never used to do but now its been coming on more often?

If anyone has any information regarding this it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes. The grinding noise happens when turning slow out of a garage or a parking spot. This is a common problem. They typically replace the axle fluid and the problem goes away. I don't know what they wil do about the "Service Stabilitrack" alarm that comes and goes.

SilverX

You have the same problem with the creaking sound or the stabilitrak?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts