Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '05 XLR in February and have logged about 2,500 miles since then (short commute to work and I travel a fair amount).

About a month ago, during a drive out in the country, the "Service Stabilitrak" prompt appeared on the screen beneath the odometer. The prompt stayed lit for a couple of days, then disappeared. However, it showed up again earlier this week, but again disappeared after a few hours.

I've got a couple of other little items that need attention (one of the small headlights isn't working properly, and a section of the carpet in the trunk that covers the mechanism that opens and shuts the trunk lid has come loose), so I called my dealer to schedule my first service appointment. The service representative that I spoke to told me that unless the "Service Stabilitrak" prompt was displayed when I brought the car in for service, there was very little they could do to figure out what the problem was . . . the XLR's are so new, they've had little experience in servicing them. When I pressed for an appointment, she said they were fully booked this week. I mentioned that I could bring the car in for service NEXT Thursday, but she said no, no, no . . . Friday is their busiest service day and not a good day to bring in an XLR. She maintained that since the prompt appeared only intermittently, it really shouldn't pose any problem and I shouldn't worry about it.

Quite frankly, I was a little disturbed about being blown off so casually during my first call for service. Funny me, I expected a little better customer service after having purchased a $75,000 automobile! I would have already spoken to my sales representative about this, but unfortunately he's left the dealership (Lindsay Cadillac, not a little "Mom and Pop" dealership).

My question to all of you is: Should I be concerned about the intermittent "Service Stabilitrak" command? Am I being a little overly sensitive about what I perceive to be a lack of customer courtesy from the service department?

Your thoughts greatly appreciated!

Allyn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Allyn,

this is rather disturbing indeed... I see you are in DC< why don't you simply change dealer and schedule an appointment elsewhere... I'm sure there must be another Cadillac not far from where you are...

I personnaly would not want to do business with a dealer that keeps dodgning me... On the other hand, it could be that the person you spoke to on the phone was incompetent and that you might want to give it another try...

Mahme
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point

Yes, there is another dealer in the D.C. area -- Moore Cadillac. Unfortunately, they're NOT convenient for me, and one of the reasons I bought from Lindsay Cadillac is that they're just a couple of miles from my home (and I had a great salesman).

I will probably give Lindsay service one more try . . . I'll give them a call and speak to someone higher up on the food chain and let them know I'll take my service business to Moore Cadillac unless I get some satisfaction.

Thanks for your response!

Allyn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Kenley said:
I bought my '05 XLR in February and have logged about 2,500 miles since then (short commute to work and I travel a fair amount).

About a month ago, during a drive out in the country, the "Service Stabilitrak" prompt appeared on the screen beneath the odometer. The prompt stayed lit for a couple of days, then disappeared. However, it showed up again earlier this week, but again disappeared after a few hours.

I've got a couple of other little items that need attention (one of the small headlights isn't working properly, and a section of the carpet in the trunk that covers the mechanism that opens and shuts the trunk lid has come loose), so I called my dealer to schedule my first service appointment. The service representative that I spoke to told me that unless the "Service Stabilitrak" prompt was displayed when I brought the car in for service, there was very little they could do to figure out what the problem was . . . the XLR's are so new, they've had little experience in servicing them. When I pressed for an appointment, she said they were fully booked this week. I mentioned that I could bring the car in for service NEXT Thursday, but she said no, no, no . . . Friday is their busiest service day and not a good day to bring in an XLR. She maintained that since the prompt appeared only intermittently, it really shouldn't pose any problem and I shouldn't worry about it.

Quite frankly, I was a little disturbed about being blown off so casually during my first call for service. Funny me, I expected a little better customer service after having purchased a $75,000 automobile! I would have already spoken to my sales representative about this, but unfortunately he's left the dealership (Lindsay Cadillac, not a little "Mom and Pop" dealership).

My question to all of you is: Should I be concerned about the intermittent "Service Stabilitrak" command? Am I being a little overly sensitive about what I perceive to be a lack of customer courtesy from the service department?

Your thoughts greatly appreciated!

Allyn
I think your dealer is giving you the run around. If the "service stabiltrak" warning appears it has been logged into the computer. This happened to me and when I went for service the mechanic claimed this problem has occured on other models. The problem is there is a couple of sensors in the steering wheel that senses how fast or hard you steer and must align with the stailtrak. My dealer replaced these sensors and no further problem. Hope this helps.
Tommy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Tommy

This will be a big help . . . good to know that I'm not the only one who has had this "problem" with Stabilitrak. Thanks!

Allyn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Lindsay

I'm surprised you are having issues with Lindsay. They have always bent over backwards for me. They also do have an XLR tech, but maybe he is out and that's why they are putting you off.

Are you speaking with Donna? She has always been good.

Jack
 
G

·
This message has appeared rather frequently after "hot Rodding". It pretty miuch sets itself after turning the vehicle off.

Sorry about the bad service. Call GM

Kenley said:
I bought my '05 XLR in February and have logged about 2,500 miles since then (short commute to work and I travel a fair amount).

About a month ago, during a drive out in the country, the "Service Stabilitrak" prompt appeared on the screen beneath the odometer. The prompt stayed lit for a couple of days, then disappeared. However, it showed up again earlier this week, but again disappeared after a few hours.

I've got a couple of other little items that need attention (one of the small headlights isn't working properly, and a section of the carpet in the trunk that covers the mechanism that opens and shuts the trunk lid has come loose), so I called my dealer to schedule my first service appointment. The service representative that I spoke to told me that unless the "Service Stabilitrak" prompt was displayed when I brought the car in for service, there was very little they could do to figure out what the problem was . . . the XLR's are so new, they've had little experience in servicing them. When I pressed for an appointment, she said they were fully booked this week. I mentioned that I could bring the car in for service NEXT Thursday, but she said no, no, no . . . Friday is their busiest service day and not a good day to bring in an XLR. She maintained that since the prompt appeared only intermittently, it really shouldn't pose any problem and I shouldn't worry about it.

Quite frankly, I was a little disturbed about being blown off so casually during my first call for service. Funny me, I expected a little better customer service after having purchased a $75,000 automobile! I would have already spoken to my sales representative about this, but unfortunately he's left the dealership (Lindsay Cadillac, not a little "Mom and Pop" dealership).

My question to all of you is: Should I be concerned about the intermittent "Service Stabilitrak" command? Am I being a little overly sensitive about what I perceive to be a lack of customer courtesy from the service department?

Your thoughts greatly appreciated!

Allyn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Another thing you can do is, while the light is on, call OnStar and have them do a remote diagnosis or whatever they call it. Have them forward their findings to your dealer and pull over and write down what they tell you (just in case it doesn't make it to the dealer).

Also, call your salesperson to help you with the service department issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hot rodding?! I wish!

standby said:
This message has appeared rather frequently after "hot Rodding".
Hot rodding! LOL! With most of the driving I do, I'm lucky if I'm doing more than 40 MPH!

The Stabilitrak prompt showed up again this morning, but disappeared after I filled the tank with gas. I still plan to take it in for service, but it looks like it'll be several weeks from now before I can get a mutually acceptable appointment. I'll call the dealer today and schedule.

Allyn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Stabilitrak

From a CTS owner: Had this problem doggin' me for weeks. Sensors replaced, etc. Advise, even if the light isn't on, the dealer can (and should), plug a diagnostic computer into the connection, under the dash, and as you drive, if it recurs, the computer will log the info for later retrieval. Needless to say, it should NOT come on as often as it hasand should be attended to.

By the way, whatever they did the fifth time...worked (knock on wood!).
 
G

·
Ok, not hot rodding. How about the message? Does it say, service stabilitrack? After reading your thread, I went out and made some quick turns and excellerations and sure enough the message read "Service Stabilitrack". Turned the key off and then on and it's gone. This has been going on for a year. I just choose to ignore it rather then let them work on it. After hearing some of the stories about non proffesional people working on our XLR's at Cadillac, I'm very nervous about bringing it in. I have to go in for a oil change and front end alignment and balancing and I'm scared to death. Think I'll so to Jiffy Lube.

Bob

Kenley said:
Hot rodding! LOL! With most of the driving I do, I'm lucky if I'm doing more than 40 MPH!

The Stabilitrak prompt showed up again this morning, but disappeared after I filled the tank with gas. I still plan to take it in for service, but it looks like it'll be several weeks from now before I can get a mutually acceptable appointment. I'll call the dealer today and schedule.

Allyn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
standby said:
Ok, not hot rodding. How about the message? Does it say, service stabilitrack? After reading your thread, I went out and made some quick turns and excellerations and sure enough the message read "Service Stabilitrack". Turned the key off and then on and it's gone. This has been going on for a year. I just choose to ignore it rather then let them work on it. After hearing some of the stories about non proffesional people working on our XLR's at Cadillac, I'm very nervous about bringing it in. I have to go in for a oil change and front end alignment and balancing and I'm scared to death. Think I'll so to Jiffy Lube.

Bob
Hi Bob, long time not seeing!!!!

To Stabilitrack, it never showed up on my car beside when I turn it off myself.
As you know, once in a while I need a little more power and then I turn off my Traction Control and the Stabilitrack by holding my TC button for about 8 seconds.

My engine light never showed up again even after some hard runs during the last two weeks.

XLR`s are great cars :flag

Harry



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
G

·
Harry,

I'm really not concerned about the message since I'll be in my new one by November, which by the way was your estimation. Hope your right.
Bob
harrysxlr said:
Hi Bob, long time not seeing!!!!

XLR`s are great cars :flag

Harry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
G

·
O, NO you don't Harry.............I know how much you Germans love BIG glasses of beer. I have an 8 ounce beer and I'm wasted.

That was a good try.............Just kidding, Your on, but you have to come over here to collect Two for Harry One for Bob

harrysxlr said:
Bob,

if you get your Veeeee in November, you owe me a beer, if not I owe you a beer, how about this?????? :cheers

Harry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
standby said:
O, NO you don't Harry.............I know how much you Germans love BIG glasses of beer. I have an 8 ounce beer and I'm wasted.

That was a good try.............Just kidding, Your on, but you have to come over here to collect Two for Harry One for Bob
Hi Bob, your post`s are the B E S T!!!

One beer for each of us is OK, I´m no beer-drinker anyhow.
Right now, it`s 4.45 pm we got 36.6° celsius, that`s 97.9° - how about that :D
Right now it`s too hot to drive topless but maybe I take my "dream maschine" later out for a ride.

Have a nice weekend Bob

Harry



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top