Cadillac XLR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
G

·
Absolutely:iagree Mom of Lola, but I will not valet my car. I had to many dings, front faciers damaged, rims dinged, not to mention joy rides that they take.
Ichibans Dad
There's a new post.............our car names.
Then we agree - we pay and like the uniqueness .... and the rest is moot!:cheers

·
Banned
610 Posts
Car Names

Absolutely:iagree Mom of Lola, but I will not valet my car. I had to many dings, front faciers damaged, rims dinged, not to mention joy rides that they take.
Ichibans Dad
There's a new post.............our car names.
Great idea! Lola got her name because she is so low, so sleek, and so sexy! :D How did Ichiban get his name???

·
Banned
15 Posts
Ichiban means NUMBER ONE

I'm no Japanese scholar, but, if I remember correctly, ichiban means "number one" -- and that's the XLR for me.

It's great to have a car that is quite unique ... not something you see every day on the road. And pricing -- hell, I bought my 2006 XLR at the end of the model year for $63K with an extended seven year warranty ... a bargain compared with the Mercedes competiton of over $100K ... and it's better looking by a long shot.

I expect my XLR, which I will baby and keep for a loooooooooooog time, will be a true collector's item as they are phased out of production, which seems like what may be happening. Would prefer that they continue in limited production for years, but that's hard to picture as an economic reality for Cadillac.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think the numbers are skewed for 2006 and 2007 as I think GM overbuilt in 2006 and corrected the problem in 2007. So I think you need to take the avg of 06 and 07.

The resale is horrific on this car which makes the MSRP a joke. The base car should be $65,000 and the V should be $85K. They would sell at or close to sticker and resale would be much better.

However, as good as the exterior looks the interior needs an overhaul. I had an 04 and 06 XLR and 07 XLR-V - its a great car but even the Hyundai has blue tooth by now....

G

·
Yep! Your right John, my baby
Ichiban means "Number One", but I call it my Gorilla in a Tuxedo.

I'm no Japanese scholar, but, if I remember correctly, ichiban means "number one" -- and that's the XLR for me.

It's great to have a car that is quite unique ... not something you see every day on the road. And pricing -- hell, I bought my 2006 XLR at the end of the model year for $63K with an extended seven year warranty ... a bargain compared with the Mercedes competiton of over $100K ... and it's better looking by a long shot.

I expect my XLR, which I will baby and keep for a loooooooooooog time, will be a true collector's item as they are phased out of production, which seems like what may be happening. Would prefer that they continue in limited production for years, but that's hard to picture as an economic reality for Cadillac.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have an '07 in the works... 80U exterior (BG info says "Montery Red", my collision repair paint code book lists it as "Red Jewel"). It has the cashmere interior. This combination isn't on the production list.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
A lot of these colors for the GM cars have the same "code number", but each division has it's own name for it. Like my V is light platinum, on the vette I think it's called machine silver, but same code number.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If Cadillac calls it Infrared... why is it listed as Monterey Red in the BG XLR production info? And the only exterior color listed with cashmere interior is Golden Quartz Metallic. Mine is 80U with Cashmere interior; how can I find out how many were built with this combination?

G

·
Rod,
It's a good idea if we use names when communicating about a specific issue. Sometimes it's difficult to jump in and help if we don't know who is being addressed.
I'm guilty sometimes too.:thumbs
Bobo
If Cadillac calls it Infrared... why is it listed as Monterey Red in the BG XLR production info? And the only exterior color listed with cashmere interior is Golden Quartz Metallic. Mine is 80U with Cashmere interior; how can I find out how many were built with this combination?

·
Registered
78 Posts
If Cadillac calls it Infrared... why is it listed as Monterey Red in the BG XLR production info?
The most likely explanation is that it is the same paint that was also used on that year's Corvette as MR. They frequently use the same colors for both cars with different names.

Of course, they also use completely different colors with the same color code.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Somtimes they call it a "shale" interior. Same as the paint. Different names for different cars.
On the BG site, there is listed both a shale and a cashmere interior...
Also, in my paint codes book there is listed both a shale and cashmere interiors, the shale being a light gray and the cashmere being a creamy pale yellow.

Rod

·
Banned
164 Posts
On the BG site, there is listed both a shale and a cashmere interior...
Also, in my paint codes book there is listed both a shale and cashmere interiors, the shale being a light gray and the cashmere being a creamy pale yellow.

Rod
Rod,

I would believe you have the shale interior. The cashmere was only put in the Golden Quartz Metallic model in that year. If you pull the panel in the right rear of the trunk over the storage area, on the back is all the codes for the equipment etc. for your car. The shale interior code is 19I and the cashmere is 35I. This should tell you exactly what you have. Hope this helps.

Cubby558

·
Registered
168 Posts
Rod,

I would believe you have the shale interior. The cashmere was only put in the Golden Quartz Metallic model in that year. If you pull the panel in the right rear of the trunk over the storage area, on the back is all the codes for the equipment etc. for your car. The shale interior code is 19I and the cashmere is 35I. This should tell you exactly what you have. Hope this helps.

Cubby558
Thanks Cubby, but neither of these numbers are listed on the tag. I think I'll call the GM dealer that I've been dealing with for the parts and ask him about the interior code for the car.

I spoke to the GM dealer here... the interior trim code for my car is 31I, Light Cashmere, with a combination interior code of 312, which takes into account the leather seats... exterior code is 80U.
This combination of exterior 80U and interior 31I isn't listed anywhere on the BG production site...
Rod

·
Registered
168 Posts
Rod,

Cubby558
Here is a picture of my interior... the interior trim code is 31I, exterior code
80U; I just want to know for sure whether I have shale or cashmere interior. When I checked out Jim's Black Cherry w/ cashmere interor in the "2009 XLR" thread, my interior seems to be the same color as his.
Rod

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
FYI, the 2008 production numbers are out. They're on another forum, but they were not on the plant site the last time I checked (although the vette numbers are). I won't link the site, but they're findable.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts